Forums

chatting with opponent

Sort:
wookie61

i just joined chess. com. I thought you could chat with your opponent but the system is not giving me that option. what is up with this?

ivandh

Look harder

Metastable

People are also allowed to disable chat. Perhaps you were playing someone who has his chat turned off. People do this sometimes when they don't want to be distracted.

winerkleiner

I'm just the opposite I apologize (saying "sorry") whenever I capture their queen.  That event rarely happens although. 

trysts
winerkleiner wrote:

I'm just the opposite I apologize (saying "sorry") whenever I capture their queen. 

That probably pisses-off some people, winerkleinerLaughing

jolo522

I use chat for psychiological warfare :D

Kingpatzer

For folks using mobile clients, chatting isn't really convenient at all.

winerkleiner
trysts wrote:
winerkleiner wrote:

I'm just the opposite I apologize (saying "sorry") whenever I capture their queen. 

That probably pisses-off some people, winerkleiner

Yeah I can see how that might be taken that way, but it is sincere, on the small chance it occurs.

trysts
winerkleiner wrote:
trysts wrote:
winerkleiner wrote:

Yeah I can see how that might be taken that way, but it is sincere, on the small chance it occurs.

It wouldn't make me mad, but we know that "gg" pisses-off some people. I personally don't like when people say, "Do you want to take back that move?" It's annoyingLaughing

renumeratedfrog01

Chatting during the game can be easily misinterpretted as stalling, or distracting.... Wait until the game is over, IMO...

sean2012
uhohspaghettio wrote:

IThere was someone who was beating me like 5-1 and said to me "sucker"... wow. Okay, if someone is losing and is getting annoyed I can understand it, but they are winning by a lot... and feeling the need to insult their opponents still?

Are these miserable people ever happy? They should be glad if they're winning, not taking it as an opportunity to abuse their opponents. If I am winning lots I'm generally in a good mood, and might start to feel sorry for my opponent.

There are plenty of smart ar##es here as on any site like this.   They are not so great when getting beaten though.   Came across another one of these dim wits today who thought it a good idea to start sledging during the game because he had such a high rating - way above my lousy standard. (Not the first experience of this).  Well he was getting beaten eventually and then promptly disconnected from the site.

Who cares though.  It's just a little board game.  I would not waste my time communicating with these juvenile intellects from the trailer parks.

sean2012
jolo522 wrote:

I use chat for psychiological warfare :D

Well that must be hilarious when you cannot spell.

Anyway, good luck with that.

ivandh
trysts wrote:
winerkleiner wrote:
trysts wrote:
winerkleiner wrote:

It wouldn't make me mad, but we know that "gg" pisses-off some people. I personally don't like when people say, "Do you want to take back that move?" It's annoying

I sometimes respond "do you want to take back that face?"

ivandh
chrisr2212 wrote:

what's the hardest thing to do ?

(1) lose

(2) take the chit-chat

seems to be option (2) hahahaaaahhhh !!!

Well I for one find it very easy to lose.

catnapper
trysts wrote:

It wouldn't make me mad, but we know that "gg" pisses-off some people. I personally don't like when people say, "Do you want to take back that move?" It's annoying

Would you like to take back that post?

trysts
catnapper wrote:
trysts wrote:

Would you like to take back that post?

Laughing

winerkleiner
trysts wrote:
winerkleiner wrote:
trysts wrote:
winerkleiner wrote:

Yeah they're poor sportmenship in every type of games.

miguelrofer
[COMMENT DELETED]
xtophr1

I rather enjoy it when someone takes the time to chat during a game. Some of the more interesting players can be met / friended this way.

Morris_W3

I get some pretty negative stuff too whenever I chat, including some badly misspelled expletives ( I just consider the source).  Fortunately it's the exception instead of the rule.  And then I always block them. I don't have to put up with any of that.  I joined this website to play chess and meet people from different countries and have made some good friends in the process.  That's how I roll.