Forums

Chess and substance, hand in hand.

Sort:
nameno1had

I am completely hooked on chess. I want to play a simul almost the entire time I am awake, no matter what else I have to do

I gave up several drugs without much struggle, cigarettes for me were like the depiction of crack and heroin...I had to pray and beg G-d to help me and once I stopped, I had to do something like play basketball in order to keep my mind off of it. I found doing things to help clear the lungs was extremely helpful, like cardio exercise or even singing. I also discovered a good diet helps to kick smoking too.

Sunofthemorninglight
nameno1had wrote:

I am completely hooked on chess. I want to play a simul almost the entire time I am awake, no matter what else I have to do

I gave up several drugs without much struggle, cigarettes for me were like the depiction of crack and heroin...I had to pray and beg G-d to help me and once I stopped, I had to do something like play basketball in order to keep my mind off of it. I found doing things to help clear the lungs was extremely helpful, like cardio exercise or even singing. I also discovered a good diet helps to kick smoking too.

you neglected something

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxcix7vP0P1qjj0j1o1_250.gif

nameno1had

I didn't forget what I never acknowledged...

Dischyzer

The third pig liked bricks. By using them he built a house the wolf could not blow down no matter how much he Huffed and Puffed.

Sunofthemorninglight

then enjoyed some nosh

Dischyzer

They were not invited to this cookout in the way they thought they would be.

Sunofthemorninglight

revenge takes the form of a chainsaw massacre

Dischyzer

I've got a new opening the P.I.G. The Pork Indian Gambit.

Sunofthemorninglight

mmm looks like it could take a hammering

Dischyzer

I love stop motion film. Especially Wallace and Gromit.

George1st

What actually does concern me is my g/f smoking, she hasn't followed a healthy diet or training regime and suffers from a few ailments that I can see becoming worse as time goes by.

I am trying everything to help her stop, she has smoked since 9.

You may think the obvious is to lead by example....I have tried everything thus far.

If any of you have some helpful advice I would welcome it.

: )))

Dischyzer

I usually only smoke in social situations like being out with friends or playing disc golf. But recently I have started to take a break from work to smoke and even at  home I may go outside to have a cigarette. This concerns me because I always told my self it was just a social thing. Now I'm not so sure.

I've thought about buying an electronic cigarette because I tried a friends and thought it was a good substitute. @George1st- Have you thought of e-cigs as an alternative. I wonder down the road what we will learn about them that we don't know now.

As far as leading by example, that is always a good option. But it only goes so far as the individual always makes their own choice. But I know that the people I surround myself with influence my choices so hopefully your commitment will rub off.

George1st
Dischyzer wrote:

I usually only smoke in social situations like being out with friends or playing disc golf. But recently I have started to take a break from work to smoke and even at  home I may go outside to have a cigarette. This concerns me because I always told my self it was just a social thing. Now I'm not so sure.

I've thought about buying an electronic cigarette because I tried a friends and thought it was a good substitute. @George1st- Have you thought of e-cigs as an alternative. I wonder down the road what we will learn about them that we don't know now.

As far as leading by example, that is always a good option. But it only goes so far as the individual always makes their own choice. But I know that the people I surround myself with influence my choices so hopefully your commitment will rub off.

I have bought her and myself a variety of electronic ones and yes they are good. Problem is, i can not tell anyone what to do, their life. When I see she may feel guilty and smoke it cause I do when around her....she never stops puffing on it...at least u have a break when it's the normal ciggies.

I appreciate your thoughts, ty.

Dischyzer

The force is strong . . .

nameno1had

Hey, did you want to buy some death sticks...

...You don't want to sell me death sticks, you want to go home and rethink your life.....

Sunofthemorninglight

the rethinking concluded "if smoking doesn't kill you, life will".

http://passmeamineral.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/neverbethemselves.gif

George1st

In one hand then out....perhaps the other : )

George1st

I forget how truly fortunate I am. I still smoke Drink train eat well and enjoy myself. I smoke inside and if anyone complains they have to go outside till I finish...now that's how it should be. : )))