Forums

CHESS ILLUSION: CASTLE!??

Sort:
AWARDCHESS

Are we really need keep in mind the Castle at every chess game? 

Or, it's just a stamp?

Maybe, it is a kind of Chess Illusion!?

How many times you find at your games that you really  has a biggest Question: to castle, delay the castle, or hold your most strong peace at the starting central position, as a Commander-in-Chief! 

My practice changed my stamps of chess mindset, from traditional views to more creative ones! 

Actually, I do not like play 35 well known moves from Spanish Defense, or something  alike... It is a boring!!!

On the way to avoid some of the standards, I started play all First Moves from starting position. And I got a new nice experiences! 

I wish to hear you, soon!.. 

transpositions

My practice changed my stamps of chess mindset, from traditional views to more creative ones! 

AWARDCHESS,

Speaking of creative positions and castling, take a look at this position from a variation of the Scotch game.

I hope you enjoy this one as much as I did.

hitmenow
O-O-O Beautiful.
AWARDCHESS

My computer refused to play your solutions, but I hope, that 0_0_0+, and Win the Rook!

Nice double attack! 

Loomis
"I do not like play 35 well known moves from Spanish Defense, or something  alike... It is a boring!!!

On the way to avoid some of the standards, I started play all First Moves from starting position."

The only difference now is that you're playing from scratch, but your opponent is playing well known moves! When you play a move to "get out of book" you better be sure you're getting out of your opponent's book and not just your own!

AWARDCHESS

I got a big experience to play at very unusual out-breathing Chess Positions!..

It help me at many- many cases, because I has a confidence to orient better at unknown zones, here...  And my partners got some big problems after just a few first moves!

I offer the open battle field! And some my partners enjoy it as well, as I did!..

woodencardboard

That's why Fischer created 960 chess. He took the back rank of both players' back row and scrambled the pieces at random, with a few limitations. It completely removes opening memorization, and I think it makes the game more enjoyable.

AWARDCHESS

I prefer traditional chess game set up!

And traditional sexual values, as well...

But some people always in search, they are rebels alike...  

But it not mean, that the God will approve, what we are doing, so far...

transpositions

Right! 0-0-0+, check to the Black King with White Rook at d1 and simultaneous attack on Black Rook at b2 with White King.

Chess is beautiful, no.

RC_Woods

Most of us are rebels at some point, and that is good. Only rebels can improve the world. Those that aren't will adjust themselves, while rebels adjust the world around them.

It is not hard to see where inventors must stand. 

AWARDCHESS

Good point! I was just  shining to say so!..

But not all chess rebels can choose a right chess castle!! 

Some of then self- banned, some jailed, after that...

Maybe we have a right chess rebels! and left over ones??! 

Some chess rebels devote own skin and soul for the human society benefits, some for own gold seat... 

I am sure, that we have  a right chess discussion, here! 

Bowens
Awardchess, what is your primary language?
erik
Bowens wrote: Awardchess, what is your primary language?

excellent question. i have to say that AWARDCHESS's language is so strangely poetic. i mean: 

Some chess rebels devote own skin and soul for the human society benefits, some for own gold seat... 

i know literary scholars who work 10 years and have never written something so poignant. 

Evil_Homer

I would imagine Eastern European, maybe UKraine or Russia:-)

Still if you take the time to read the posts, he is a clever and funny guy.

AWARDCHESS

My PRIMARY LANGUAGE IS A HUMAN LANGUAGE!

And Eric is right, somehow!?

I am a POET!.. 

transpositions

YES, BUT THE MOST IMPORTANT QUESTION IS:

ARE YOU A WARRIOR POET!!

AWARDCHESS

My last landing, before the stinking Downtown of the Los Angeles, was been 50 years ago on the beatiful beaches of the river Volga!

Where we have a longest in the Europe bridge /3 km!/, across clear blue water strip, and some 15 feets fish, named "Beluga", flying under a water, like a mini-submarine...

AWARDCHESS

Warrior Poet!?

Let say , I am Peaceful Warrior Poet, with Belts of Karate, Taekwondo, Love Striking, Thought Spreading, Emigrate Jumping, Out-Mind Runner. 

exiledcanuck

On castling : (I'm no expert) I think there is often an illusion of safety in the castle.  Too often a castle is either so obvious that an opponent can start to subtlely attack the flank of the expected castle .  Othertimes people seem to ignore an incoming attack and castle straight into it! 

I believe it is much better to keep an eye on your opponents attacking options, make sure he doesn't have any combinations that can trap your king in the centre etc and hold off until the last possible moment.  (unless of course castling brings your rook into the brunt of it ... I call it castling with tempo)  That way your opponent may commit themselves to an attack on the kingside and you can safely jump to the queenside or vice versa.

With that said... I'm getting my arse handed to me in a game at the moment because of leaving home without castling... but thats only part of my blunder :P

AWARDCHESS

You are very good at your main point about the Illusion of the Castle Safety!

Sometimes, it a better to Hold your King / and Quenn!/ just at the Home Base!

If you can start move them, you can get them Trapped, and Lost, easily!.. 

Put all of your Guards around! And do not move them, either...

Do not travel abroad! There are Crocodiles, anywere...