Forums

chess in art

Sort:
j-pax

j-pax

j-pax

the artist also looks like young  fischer... i saw him in this dutch documentary.. many more images.. too bad it isn't in english

j-pax

Tantale

Added today

Arif Telaku
(b 1948)
Eindpartij/Endgame

The position (2kr4/pp6/2p2N1p/8/3Q2P1/KP1P4/1Pn5/4q1R1 w - - 0 1) seems to correspond to none game and is completly lost for White.

Tantale

Added today

José Roosevelt
(b 1958)
Surrealist chess

Tantale

Added today

Rinus Van de Velde
(1983)
The Lost Bishop

Thanks to j-pax

Tantale

Maybe I will add this one

but apart Fischer are the other famous players?

red-lady

Spassky- Herman Brood 1987

red-lady

It's over...

bronsteinitz

Wow, herman brood. When you talk about dying from a fried liver attack...

netzach
Chess players in the park on a cold day. Stushie 2011
Tantale

Thanks but I don't know who is Stushie (I need at least the were this person was born)

katnc414

Showgirls Playing Chess Between Shows at Latin Quarter Nightclub Photographic Print

Showgirls Playing Chess Between Shows at Latin Quarter Nightclub -- Gordon Parks

Tantale

Very nice but it's not a painting

bronsteinitz

Why should it be a painting when the thread is about art? Video, sculpture, litho,photo,..

Tantale

@bronsteinitz

You are right, just my website is only about chess painting, that's why although this picture is fine I think I cannot add it on it.

bronsteinitz

@Tantale, sure, but in a digital world there has to room for digital paintings. They have the advantage that they can even move and speak :-)

Tantale

@winnersp

No problem :)

j-pax

i posted earlier about marcel ducamp... i liked his mediocre painting better than his "ready made's" wich are starting-point of conceptual art. :(((

i think this "art-movie" is a "respectable" piece of conceptual art !! (when you play it full screen and  at a  good volume!)