Forums

Chess in Puerto Vallarta?

Sort:
MMSANCHEZ

Anyone know of any Chess Cafe or similar in Puerto Vallarta Mexico? 

AndyClifton

Whoo!!  Let's all get on board the Love Boat and find out!

Grouper78

Yes I saw one in the movie Blow starring Johnny Depp (2001).

SmyslovFan

Not really. But if you take a chess board with you and set it up on a beach side cafe, you're likely to get a game. You may lose your spouse though, so it's a tough trade-off.

LosMuertosBrewing
maxwg wrote:

Anyone know of any Chess Cafe or similar in Puerto Vallarta Mexico? 

Hi maxwg. We have chessboards on the tables in our BrewPub! We're located in the heart of Old Town on the corner of Constitucion and Caranza. Hope you can make it by for a match ;) 

MMSANCHEZ

Los Muertos is a nice spot for a drink and a bite to eat, but no real chess action is going on there. 

imsayinghello

No not that i can think of

donovan-dikaio

@MMSANCHEZ you can go downtown in the Zona Romantico area or more specifically Cafe Del Mar between 7PM and 10PM everyday except Sunday. Also in the Library during the day off Francisco Villa.

Morphyofallbombs

Anyone have any luck in PV? I read this thread before I went in March. Set up a board oceanside; no takers. Couldn't find anything else. Down there for dental for a week this month. Board stiff. Any leads would be most appreciated. 

BoredINTP

What are we all waiting for? Let's start a club! Anyone wanna meet and play? Contact me.

Blunderer420

im going to be down there for 5 months starting december first i am down to meet up for some games

LouStule
Viva Vallarta!!
Escondido_11

Cafe in the Sun in Zona Romantica... also there are a few guys just around the corner from Panchos Tacos that place on a sole table with two chairs on the sidewalk.  Manga and a couple other guys

nostra9
Yes, escondido is right. Café Bayan and in the Farmacia around the corner from Panchos tacos in the Zona Romántica almost every day after 7 pm
nostra9
Also you can contact me and we will set a game plan with our players here in PVR
jedhartley

I just moved to PV and would love to find fellow chess enthusiast! I've gone a couple of times to Cafe Bayan but I havent seen anyone playing chess yet.

KnightsofTemplar

I am here in puerto Vallarta currently and the sand men indeed do play chess on the Malicon. I was wondering if there are any other players here that would like to play chess as well we are in the Hotel Zone

KnightsofTemplar

For all Chess players who are traveling to or live here in Puerto Vallarta, if you are in search of a place to play chess go to Cafe + Leche https://www.google.com/search?q=cafe+%2B+leche+puerto+vallarta&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari#

The owner is from Dallas Texas and plays chess as well and knows the other chess players here as well. The coffee and drinks are great here as well. I hadn’t had much luck with finding anyone playing here until I stopped in this cafe

KnightsofTemplar

Anyone that is here in Puerto Vallarta area come out Wednesday November 30 2022 to Cafe+Leche. There will be various chess players here including myself showing off their skills. If you enjoy chess as much as I do please come show your support.

user10101001001

LMK if anyone wants to play in PV this winter, I'll check out Cafe+Leche as well, thanks for the tip!