Chess Originated In Africa

badger_song

".....But Western literature admits that the origin of Chess is uncertain. Whenever such a statement is made, experience has taught me that the uncertainty most likely indicates it originated in Africa....."

 

This illuminating idea will certainly help me in guessing the answers to my next history exam....

DamonevicSmithlov

Hmm, it's quite odd (assuming the OP is correct) that the very people that supposedly invented chess do not have even a single player over 2173 & no descendants of sub Saharan Africa over 2450 anywhere in the world. Anywhere at all. Period. Not one. Very odd. I mean, using logic, it would seem that the very people who have been playing a game the longest would be the best at it, not the worst at it, or at least be somewhere close (even have one in the top 1,500 for instance) not the other way around. Hmm. I love the education by the way, keep it up. Thank you.

Ziryab

Civilisation began in Iraq. Are they global leaders?

Irontiger
DamonevicSmithlov wrote:

Hmm, it's quite odd (assuming the OP is correct) that the very people that supposedly invented chess do not have even a single player over 2173 & no descendants of sub Saharan Africa over 2450 anywhere in the world. Anywhere at all. Period. Not one. Very odd. I mean, using logic, it would seem that the very people who have been playing a game the longest would be the best at it, not the worst at it, or at least be somewhere close (even have one in the top 1,500 for instance) not the other way around.

Huh... what?

bb_gum234
DamonevicSmithlov wrote:

it would seem that the very people who have been playing a game the longest would be the best at it

First of all, most people live to 70 or 80, and then die.

Second of all, our world champ was #1 on the rating list at the young age of 18 or 19 (I don't remember exactly) and a number of world champs (or contenders) rise to the crown in their early 20s.

ChessForBreakfast

You know what else comes from africa? Everything.

ChessForBreakfast

Yeah Says the Blonde Haired -Blue Eyed SWeed... You'd still be playin with pebbles.

DamonevicSmithlov
ChessForBreakfast wrote:

You know what else comes from africa? Everything.

Oh, ok. The education on here is fantastic. So the computer you're using is from there? Phones, television, cars, planes, nano technology, radio, electricity, all the medical advances that basicly tripled the average age, robotic technology, clocks, space travel, cameras, the machinery that builds/runs everything, & basicly everything we use & see from the time we wake up until we go to sleep is/are from there?  Hmm. I jus be axin. I knew AIDS, Ebola, & slavery originated there but didn't know about everything else. Thanks for letting us know.

Spiritbro77

Damon, I think he means that because humans sprung from Africa all  human accomplishments can be traced back there.....

DamonevicSmithlov

One word: evolution. As scientists discover more even well entrenched current theories are being reconsidered.

KISS_ALIVE

I thought that chess originated in India like 6000 years ago when the giants still walked the earth which were the offspring of spirit beings manifested into flesh. They brought us chess & other advanced technologies. The giants had supernatural powers & they built the great pyramids. Even today, science is only rediscovering the ancient technology where they blended plant & animal DNA with that of humans to form entirely different entities. There are Sphinx like statues that have been discovered across the globe as well as large pyramidal structures. These are proof of a worldwide network that once existed

KISS_ALIVE

the ancient Indian writings from thousands of years ago record the UFOs & the cosmic war & the powerful weapons of these aerial manifestations

badger_song

Well...thank you for clearing that up!

Ziryab
LuftWaffles wrote:
Spiritbro77 wrote:

Damon, I think he means that because humans sprung from Africa all  human accomplishments can be traced back there.....

Uh... Well, if you make that jump, then chess came from the stars, as we all do.

Or, to take it even further, it could be claimed that chess is an expression of logic. Did logic exist before the universe? Then maybe chess is older than the universe itself.

I think that you flew your Messerschmitt too close to the sun.

OTOH, mebbe your point is that someone else has been eating too many plastic pawns and not getting enough nutrition at breakfast. 

Irontiger
Fiveofswords wrote:

until europeans altered chess it was a rather simple game that modern gms wouldnt have much trouble drawing.

[CITATION NEEDED]

ChessForBreakfast

Damon :/ Thought you were Scottrtf (Or w/e). [Dos equis icon]

No AIDS, Slavery, Ebola and Nelson Mandela all came from Europe. Gosh Uneducated people... Must be an American. LOL @ American Education system.
Yes Evolution. If you'd been properly educated you might know evolution doesnt mean "For the Better" It really just means "Change".

All these Wonderful Technologies did CHANGE our existance But at what cost?

ChessForBreakfast

Swiss Waffles any good? Anything Like BELGIAN waffles?

tkbunny

coke originated in africa too

ChessForBreakfast

:D andddd    JANKUM!! ! [Thumbs up if you know about Jankum]

iMacChess

FIDE President Kirsan Ilyumzhinov: 'Chess came to Earth from outer space'

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/profiles/kirsan-ilyumzhinov-chess-came-to-earth-from-outer-space-2085838.html