x
Chess - Play & Learn

Chess.com

FREE - In Google Play

FREE - in Win Phone Store

VIEW

Chess rating system

  • #2821

    Thank 'ee. Probably my best chance of winning a game. happy.png

  • #2822

    this is most stupid chess site. Repeat position can be til time over !!!! it means somebody push quick the button en win

  • #2823

    Is a rating of 1400 considered advance or expert?

  • #2824

    Jackmated, you've been here for more than four years. 1400 is slightly above the average rating here. Expert strength is 2000-2199 in the USCF.

  • #2825

    My blitz rating is 941 and I am in the 50% percentile... so I would imagine 1400 is well above average.

  • #2826

    <1000 beginners

    1000-2000 intermediate

    2000+ experts

  • #2827

    This site is way overrated!! 

    Buy a good mouse/mouse pad and push pieces here! 

    Unrated player , Fide rating 0, like me can get 2000+ in blitz/bullet! 

  • #2828

    There was a chess player named Claude Bloodgood who reached a very high USCF rating, and there has been a lot of speculation on how he got the rating. He was in prison for life for murder. I met him in postal chess in the 60s. I don't believe he was stronger than weak expert over the board. I became disenchanted in playing chess while we was still in touch. I think he wanted to get his rating up to expert or master back then. He also was some kind of USCF chess organizer in prison. He asked me to play some fake matches since I was on the other coast of the USA. I think I threw him 24 games, maybe 23 - 1, which of course was ridiculous at the time. My rating went down 200 - 300 points, and I never played again. I in fact never did play much OTB, I was a postal player from day 1. After my opponents were using computers about 1988, I quit chess of all play. One guy said my computer is 2388, what are using to beat me? That was enough of chess for me. I in fact once owned a computer company that made chess software, Paul Whitehead teaches chess. Jay Whitehead passed away not long ago. Last time I say him was about 12 years ago in the airport in Japan. He was still a Hari Khrishna. I knew him when he joined the cult, I can tell you why and what was going on in his brain.

    I was sorry to learn he passed early, I remember him as a good guy. Anyway, on the Claude Bloodgood thing, he was a wannabe top chess player, and probably bought his way or talked his way into a high rating, which is unlikely to get inside a prison.

  • #2829
    monkongmee wrote:

    There was a chess player named Claude Bloodgood who reached a very high USCF rating, and there has been a lot of speculation on how he got the rating. He was in prison for life for murder. I met him in postal chess in the 60s. I don't believe he was stronger than weak expert over the board. I became disenchanted in playing chess while we was still in touch. I think he wanted to get his rating up to expert or master back then. He also was some kind of USCF chess organizer in prison. He asked me to play some fake matches since I was on the other coast of the USA. I think I threw him 24 games, maybe 23 - 1, which of course was ridiculous at the time. My rating went down 200 - 300 points, and I never played again. I in fact never did play much OTB, I was a postal player from day 1. After my opponents were using computers about 1988, I quit chess of all play. One guy said my computer is 2388, what are using to beat me? That was enough of chess for me. I in fact once owned a computer company that made chess software, Paul Whitehead teaches chess. Jay Whitehead passed away not long ago. Last time I say him was about 12 years ago in the airport in Japan. He was still a Hari Khrishna. I knew him when he joined the cult, I can tell you why and what was going on in his brain.

    I was sorry to learn he passed early, I remember him as a good guy. Anyway, on the Claude Bloodgood thing, he was a wannabe top chess player, and probably bought his way or talked his way into a high rating, which is unlikely to get inside a prison.

    What a story Mark!

  • #2830
    MyRatingis1523 wrote:

    any plans to normalize ratings on this site to be closer of real ratings? or will ratings on this site continue to be an overinflated joke

    Ratings here is good enough, but different environments  have different scales, that dont necessarily are equal. If you have 2200 bullet, it dont say much more than that you are a lot better than me and many other players in bullet. How we do in longchess is another story, where your 1523 rating indicates that you are better, but close enough to get an exiting game.

  • #2831

    Heck man i started at 1000

  • #2832
    DjonniDerevnja wrote:
    MyRatingis1523 wrote:

    any plans to normalize ratings on this site to be closer of real ratings? or will ratings on this site continue to be an overinflated joke

    Ratings here is good enough, but different environments  have different scales, that dont necessarily are equal. If you have 2200 bullet, it dont say much more than that you are a lot better than me and many other players in bullet. How we do in longchess is another story, where your 1523 rating indicates that you are better, but close enough to get an exiting game.

    Why not? All rating in this site should take -200 due to bogus rating.. And then here is +/- 100rating gap between OTB vs rapid rating. +/-200 in blitz vs OTB, +/- 300 between bullet vs OTB. If he is 2200 bullet, his OTB should be between 1700-2300.

  • #2833

    Ratings on chess.com do not have to be very accurate.

    My very low rating of 1658 for Live Bullet is not accurate at all

     AS I HAVE NEVER PLAYED A BULLET GAME IN MY LIFE!! Undecided

  • #2834

    rating of player are right but if you get better very fast at the game rating dont go up fast 

  • #2835

    After my first win my blitz rating suddenly increased by 150... Whats happening 

  • #2836
    Rushi_3435 wrote:

    After my first win my blitz rating suddenly increased by 150... Whats happening 

    The first games the rating goes very much up and down, after more games it will stabilize.

  • #2837

    testing

  • #2838
    ponz111 a écrit :

    Ratings on chess.com do not have to be very accurate.

    My very low rating of 1658 for Live Bullet is not accurate at all

     AS I HAVE NEVER PLAYED A BULLET GAME IN MY LIFE!!

    Well somebody on your account has won 5 games of bullet. You played them about 5 years ago

  • #2839
    [COMMENT DELETED]
  • #2840

    how players gets a star here?

Top

Online Now