Chess Tie break

• 3 years ago · Quote · #21

J0R3AN

Each group has two players. 1st player wins on time after 12 moves, then loses by checkmate in the second game, do both players still advance?

• 2 years ago · Quote · #22

SARA_SHARMA

Tie Break Points=points gained against opponent abc x total points of that opponent abc points gained against opponent xyz x total points of that opponent xyz + ...So On...

• 2 years ago · Quote · #23

rrv3

if a player resigns then we do not get tie break points?

• 2 years ago · Quote · #24

lkamal

• 24 months ago · Quote · #25

Jorgerally

I don't like tie break system. I lost against another player and I won the tournament because of tie break. I think it's not fair because of our direct match.

• 8 months ago · Quote · #26

EarthFlatNotaGlobe

Jorgerally wrote:

I don't like tie break system. I lost against another player and I won the tournament because of tie break. I think it's not fair because of our direct match.

I understand the feelings here but consider that even though player A  lost against player B, player A won against those to whom player B lost. So player A had the best overall performance.  

• 7 months ago · Quote · #27

sergio0101

I don't like it either. I beat much stronger opponents than the guy who beat me in the tie breaker. 3/4 of his opponents were weaker and the one wasn't that much higher. I beat one opponent with 104 rating higher and one with a 45 rating higher right after that. 

Post your reply: