Forums

Chess while listening to music?!?

Sort:
HyperDragon

Am I the only person who enjoys playing chess.com's chess tactics while listening to Classical music??

Cause I really really enjoy doing that! :-)

HD

DailyChess-TV

Hey HD

actually while i'm playing i enjoy that alot!!

Which kind of music do you hear currently?

theopenfile

I mostly always listen to music while playing games, Not classical though,  either bob dylan or the fleet foxes. It seems to help me concentrate more.

broccolihero

@theopenfile, I second your opinion on the fleet foxes. So good. Also, unrelated, it seems to calm my cats on road trips to the vet.

PLAVIN81

WHILE PLAYING CHESS I ALWAYS HAVE MY RADIO TUNED TO A NEW YORK RADIO STATION=WQXR= ALL CLASICAL MUSIC.Smile

HyperDragon

Very nice!! Good to know I'm not the only one Laughing

The rest of my family can't seem to concentrate on anything with music in the background so I wondered if it was a universal thing or something... lol

Lukas I listen to a lot of Bach, Beetoven, and more Bach... Lolz Cool

Saint-Paulia

I absolutely do NOT listen to music whilst playing. It would take some of my attention away from the game to have music on. I like music very much and consider it should  have my full attention just as playing Chess should.  So divided attention for me.

corrijean

corrijean

Chessking47

10 min ago...

DO NOT for me..

corrijean

corrijean
Chessking47 wrote:

10 min ago...

DO NOT for me..

You don't like Chopin?

StrategicusRex

I listen to Bach, Mozart, and the occasional other tune while playing.

corrijean

corrijean

HyperDragon

Thanks for all the wonderful suggestions corrijean! :-)

But please try not to "spam" this forum...

Thanks again :D

ilikeflags

try?

Pokervane

Rookstorm

This reminds me of the old debate over listening to music while doing schoolwork. If it is distracting for that, I have to believe it hinders chess thought too. However, chess is played for enjoyment, and if your object is to enjoy the game, then by all means enjoy it! But if you want to maximize your results, concentrate on one at a time.

Rasparovov

I usually enjoy Dream Theater and I think that it sometimes improves my play since I can calm down very easily