Forums

Chesspark vs chess.com

Sort:
mrncieguyback

Hey there

I used to be an active member of chesspark.com enjoying playing games there, but I can't find chess.com as intersting and enjoyable as chesspark.com. Do you think that was a good move by chess.com owners to destroy the nice place i used to play in?

TheGrobe

I think that the place you were playing in was going to cease to exist and that the folks at chesspark.com and chess.com came to an agreement that would allow some degree of continuity for chesspark.com users.

To say that chess.com destroyed chesspark.com misses the reality of the situation:  chess.com provided a home for chesspark.com users who would have otherwise found themselves in search of a new site due either to the inability, or lack of desire, for chesspark.com's management to continue to support their site and its userbase.  As a result your question should probably be posed to them, not chess.com.

dpruess

chess.com didn't have anything to do with destroying chesspark. chesspark was closing down, and chess.com just provided former members with a place to go, and gave those members who had premium memberships on chesspark premium on chess.com so they wouldn't just be left with nothing.

i am really sorry you don't like it here as much.

Tricklev

Chess.com didn't destroy the place you played in, the chesspark.com owners did.

I wrote a long post but I cba, but I agree with what you are trying to say, the merge was a bad idea. I sure enjoyed chess.com alot more when it wasn't full by grown ups whining that the big bad wolf ate their chesspark site, buhu.

orangehonda

What a boring troll post, you made an ID just to get on the forum and say something stupid.  If I were staff I would delete this Tongue out

mrncieguyback
TheGrobe wrote:

I think that the place you were playing in was going to cease to exist and that the folks at chesspark.com and chess.com came to an agreement that would allow some degree of continuity for chesspark.com users.

To say that chess.com destroyed chesspark.com misses the reality of the situation:  chess.com provided a home for chesspark.com users who would have otherwise found themselves in search of a new site due either to the inability, or lack of desire, for chesspark.com's management to continue to support their site and its userbase.  As a result your question should probably be posed to them, not chess.com.

i see this more as a monopolistic issue, chess.com trying to remove one of its competitors. chesspark was providing more to non-premium members. here in this place you can't even chat (one sentence every min. at most) unless you pay for it!

orangehonda
mrncieguyback wrote:
TheGrobe wrote:

i see this more as a monopolistic issue, chess.com trying to remove one of its competitors. chesspark was providing more to non-premium members. here in this place you can't even chat (one sentence every min. at most) unless you pay for it!

Except this is a bran new ID, you haven't played a game or posted a message before, how do you know anything about this site?

mrncieguyback
orangehonda wrote:

What a boring troll post, you made an ID just to get on the forum and say something stupid.  If I were staff I would delete this

just to say you dont deserve a reply!

TheGrobe

The competitor was going away whether chess.com stepped in or not.

I'm not saying that there wasn't anything in it for chess.com -- they get a bump in their free user-base which presumably resulted in some additional ad revenue and opportunity to convert these users to paying members plus any PR they can get out of claiming the million-plus userbase, but they also gave away a whole bunch of premium memberships in the deal and took on all of the additional workload and resource consumption (responding to forum inquiries such as this one, bandwidth, server capacity etc,) that comes with it as well.

mrncieguyback
orangehonda wrote:
mrncieguyback wrote:
TheGrobe wrote:

Except this is a bran new ID, you haven't played a game or posted a message before, how do you know anything about this site?

"Except this is a bran new ID..."

dead right! the name itself suggests: mrniceguyBACK. they banned me from this site for saying these things before!

MM78

I commend your fortitude and perserverence in coming back to share with us how bad you think the place is.  It was very helpful.You really are a nice guy, or should I say "ncie guy"?

mrncieguyback
MM78 wrote:

I commend your fortitude and perserverence in coming back to share with us how bad you think the place is.  It was very helpful.You really are a nice guy.

THX pal. its not about me! its about the whole members of this community. the moderators should not ban ppl just because they say things they dont like (or find difficult to agree with)! they even banned my IP address, but I'm here!!

bondiggity
mrncieguyback wrote:
MM78 wrote:

I commend your fortitude and perserverence in coming back to share with us how bad you think the place is.  It was very helpful.You really are a nice guy.

THX pal. its not about me! its about the whole members of this community. the moderators should not ban ppl just because they say things they dont like (or find difficult to agree with)! they even banned my IP address, but I'm here!!

This is private property. They can make there own rules. The side effect is that they wont want to be too stringent or nobody would want to be here. I don't think that having rules against cursing, cheating, and discussion of some issues such as religion in the public forums is stringent at all. Not even a comparison the restrictions on women in Iran.

So I don't really see what your problem is. These are the rules, and if you insist on breaking them you'll be banned. When you signed up you agreed to the terms of conditions. 

As far as chesspark goes, they were going down, so blame them and not chess.com. It is not at all monopolistic as you suggest, FICS and ICC have more than enough market share. 

mrncieguyback
bondiggity wrote:
mrncieguyback wrote:
MM78 wrote:

This is private property. They can make there own rules. The side effect is that they wont want to be too stringent or nobody would want to be here. I don't think that having rules against cursing, cheating, and discussion of some issues such as religion in the public forums is stringent at all. Not even a comparison the restrictions on women in Iran.

So I don't really see what your problem is. These are the rules, and if you insist on breaking them you'll be banned. When you signed up you agreed to the terms of conditions. 

As far as chesspark goes, they were going down, so blame them and not chess.com. It is not at all monopolistic as you suggest, FICS and ICC have more than enough market share. 

Look pal. I'm not here to discuss women issues in iran. I thought my country is the last place on earth where dictators rule. guess i found a second place.

TheGrobe

I'm nominating that last post for "Ridiculous Hyperbole of the Month".  It's early yet, but i think you're out in front.

yue5000

@mrncieguyback

How bout you make a Chesspark group and see what all you guys can come up with that seems a bit off

I'm sure the staff would love more input on how to improve the site ^_^

goldendog

@OP

Weak and invalid complaints. Is that the best you could do?

TonicoTinoco

If you don't like here, why do you keep coming back to complain? Just leave and everybody will be happy!

Raghvndra

Even I am from chesspark.com and i used to enjoy the game there as it was

client side user-interface but here
its  full confusing and we cant even instantly chat with other members.

I think diminishing of chesspark dot come have nothing to do with chess.com .

Topic creator, I would suggest you to play *** It is same as chesspark

dot com but with much more
 fun and it as  client side user-interface same like chess park dot com.

You will just love it, If you don't I change my name.

No advertising for competing chess sites allowed. Mod.

sheezy52
Chess park was better hands down