Does Chess.com Own Chess?

No, obviously. There are plenty of other chess sites on the internet, arn't there? 

I'm hoping you'll start looking around for them, since this site is pissing you off so much.

Here's a picture of Erik after his recent spa treatment

That's the first time I've ever seen an actual photo of a  squirrel playing chess!

That's because chess.com didn't want you to see such a photo.  I suspect AnthonyCG is not long for this world, unfortunately.

Chess.com has gotten too powerful. Suppressing all documented evidence that squirrels play chess may be the final twirly, rainbow-coloured straw.

Let's presume chess.com allowed the (clearly vast) documented evidence that squirrels play chess; all of a sudden, squirrel pics would be on-topic everywhere!

Clearly chess.com's animosity towards squirrels is boundless and vicious.  Why we allow such denigration of such cute animals is something I fail to comprehend.

Let's keep all the fun to one thread, ey?

At a recent shareholders meeting, it was leaked to this reporter that Chess.com refuses to recognize squirrels as even having the possibility of being on-topic. My question is obvious: Is Chess.com the Illuminati?

Maybe the entire Chess.com staff is really just Erik shape-shifting? Maybe he's promoting shape-shifting on his exercise site? 

I bet that the team of Erik and his shapeshifters defend our site from the Annunaki Elenin comets while negotiating with the reptillian members of government.

Conquistador wrote:

I bet that the team of Erik and his shapeshifters defend our site from the Annunaki Elenin comets while negotiating with the reptillian members of government.

Hilarious!Laughing

Actually chess is best played by animals.  I've even seen them play blindfold. Wink  It's just beneath them to play humans in rated games since the famous Korchnoi - Cow match.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUZSCb4EVrM

I expect the suppression of all this evidence of chess skill in animals is to avoid having to fund them in a chesstv death match. Innocent

theoreticalboy wrote:

Let's presume chess.com allowed the (clearly vast) documented evidence that squirrels play chess; all of a sudden, squirrel pics would be on-topic everywhere!

Clearly chess.com's animosity towards squirrels is boundless and vicious.  Why we allow such denigration of such cute animals is something I fail to comprehend.

It is like the moderators are out of control, or something...

"Wha..?"

trysts wrote:

That's the first time I've ever seen an actual photo of a  squirrel playing chess!

actual? photoshop written all over

Chess is owned by the estate of Anton Chess, who invented it in his shed on the outskirts of Glasgow in 1622.

zoom2me wrote:
    trysts wrote:

actual? photoshop written all over

I was kiddingWink

or Join

Online Now