Forums

Editing games with Chessbase 10

Sort:
KarlPilkington

Have an important question about using Chessbase.

Lets say I entered a game into a database, and saved the game.  Later, I realized that I got the moves wrong, and also didn't type correctly the name of my opponent.

Whenever I change the game moves and data and do SAVE AS or even SAVE, it creates another game instead of just over-writing the one I just changed.

I then have to go and delete the extra game, and its very inefficient use of time.

Is there a way to just over-write the previous game without going through this lengthy process?

Thanx

KarlPilkington

Thanks very much.

Have one more problem now:

Whenever I am entering moves with Chessbase 10, the program is making moves automatically for me. 

Usually it involves captures of a piece, even when I don't tell it to capture. I have the engine turned off, so that isn't the problem. The problem could be my mouse, or could be something in Chessbase that does these automatic moves. Do you know what I can do to stop this? Thanks,
KarlPilkington

Thanks, but training was already disabled when I was inputting the moves.

Must be something else...

sirness

I have never come across this with Chessbase 10 or 11, in Fritz you can click on "Infinate Analysis" and that will stop it playing, if as you say it still plays with the engine off.

Sorry cant be more help.

KarlPilkington

Looks like I have a weird mouse or something that is accidentally double-clicking?

sirness

Do you have more than one program or just Chessbase 10?, sounds a silly question but just checking it is CB 10 you are on.

KarlPilkington

I have Chessbase 10 and also Fritz 8 but I only run Chessbase by itself.

KarlPilkington

More problems!

All the pieces disappeared from my Chessbase 10 interface, and I couldn't get them back.

I de-activated the program and tried to re-install.

Now I can't re-activate it, it gives me a "HTTP ERROR".

What do I do now?

NimzoRoy

Contact ChessBase directly (you do have a registered version right?) I wasn't able to update CB9 after several reinstalls (necessitated by destructive reformats of WhineDoze) so I asked CB about it and they replied that they were going to "reactivate" my SN so I could update again - for two more times. Sounds like a chickenshit feature on their part ie limiting the # of times you can update but maybe you have a similar problem or situation?

KarlPilkington

I do have a registered version.

Will Chessbase 10 still work without limitations if the program is never activated?

NimzoRoy

Ask ChessBase directly!

http://www.chessbase.com/contact/index.asp

KarlPilkington

Did I mention that Chessbase 10 crashes CONSTANTLY, and I mean almost everytime that I use it.

Is Chessbase 11 more stable?

knightblaise

My experience with ChessBase is that they are not very helpful if you ask them questions. I have CB 2009 lite and that works fine; I dont think I will be upgrading from what I em hearing here!

sirness

Chessbase 11 is always crashing, at least mine is, CB 10 is okay but 2009 Premium was the best, I am not sure if you can get this version now, pity.

KarlPilkington

I clicked UPGRADE and it told me that my CB10 was up to date.

But I still got support to email me the CB 10 Service Pack 6.

Not sure if I needed that file, or if its redundant, but I installed it in the hopes that these crashes will stop.

I also removed Houdini from my computer, maybe that will help too.

I am strongly in support of a CHESSBASE FORUM, either on chess.com or sponsored by Chessbase company themselves.  There are just so many questions that come up with these complicated softwares.

Thanks,

Karl

sirness
pfren wrote:

Yes, 2009 premium is still available.

http://www.chessbase.com/download/index.asp

However, I think they do not sell licences for it anymore, and tell you to purchase the latest (horrible) Chessbase instead.

Thank you for the link.

2014KING

What is the best chessbase engine in chessbase 10?