Forums

en passant étiquette when opponent doesn't know about the rule

Sort:
Syd_Arthur

Bluemeeu...perhaps you've spending to much time in Starbucks or the Canadian equivilant...good luck wit dat.

blueemu
Syd_Arthur wrote:

Bluemeeu...perhaps you've spending to much time in Starbucks or the Canadian equivilant...good luck wit dat.

Naw... I was always crazy. Comes from (or along with) making Cartoons for a living.

I am, however, a hopeless Tim Hortons addict (that's a coffee shop franchise). You got that right.

Syd_Arthur

This thread/forum is equivalent to a Jeopardy category and is hereby locked/[DELTED/REDACTED], by Alex Tribek!!!

No furhur posts will b axepted.

Ormiston313

Alex is Canadian too... Nuff said.

Syd_Arthur

EDIT: @kaynight,

Wrong view, resolve, speech, action, work, effort, mindfulness and concentration on ur part!!!! Ur post was not axecepted.  This thread is about votes, and not referendums!!!

Chesscoaching

No.

Syd_Arthur

Regardless of ur samsaric response, Chesscoaching, I will be sleeping on my virtual Thread Killertm virtual custom-made " The Prisonertm" pillow trophy tonite!!!!

With my yoga mat, and Slumberjacktm -20  Fahrenheit rated (hint) sleeping bag.

Chesscoching, so sorry ur brain was switched out in episode, Number 2.

U r not a numbur!!! You are a free man!!! Hahahahahaha!!!!

P.S. don't forget... sometimes the guy who plays "The Prisoner"" also gets to play "The Warden".  ;S

Chesscoaching

Still no.

Syd_Arthur

[COMMENT  REDACTED BY RICHARD ALPERT]

Syd_Arthur

[COMMENT DELETED BY STAN LEE OWLSLEE]Innocent

john4000

huh?

dragonair234

I can't read through all the comments so this was probably mentioned in some form or another:

If you know that the person you are playing is new to chess, and most of the time people announce that information, then you should first go over special rules like en passant, castling, etc. If the person made no mention and happily sat down to challenge you to a chess match, then it's only fair that you make legal chess moves. Makes perfect sense and you're just playing the game of chess. 

Chesscoaching

Ha.

Syd_Arthur

[COMMENT REDACTED BY COMMANDER CRUNCHIE]

Chesscoaching

Posting redactions won't work.

Syd_Arthur

[EN CROISSANT DISCUSSION TERMINATED]