colonel mustard in the library with the candlestick

netzach

Colditz ?

AndyClifton

Okay, that's easily one of my favorite usernames ever. Laughing

Meadmaker
heinzie wrote:

Pim pam pet and Khet

Khet.  Awesome game. Although I haven't played it enough to know how much depth of play it really has. 

AAA117

Monopoly

Coach_K510

good thread...I would say maybe Scrabble now even though I didn't like it much as a kid.  I might look into other games mentioned in this thread.  

Courtney-P

Monopoly.  Hands down. Money mouth

Poisonality

If I take the topic literally I had a lot of fun playing Axis and Allies when I was in school.  I'm happy to see Civ mentioned though.  Actually, shortly before I took up chess I was spending an appalling amount of time playing Civ Rev on XBox Live; it's not as in depth as the PC versions but it has the advantage that even a very long game will be over in a couple of hours and most games are over in 20-30 minutes.  When I realized how much time and effort I was putting into my strategies I decided I'd rather play THE strategy game, which is what eventually brought me here.  I'm still a little amazed at how much depth that video game has though.  Hats off to Sid Meiers and company.

nighthawk96

I think chinese checkers and checkers are my favorite other than chess.

jim483

conquer club is an amazing risk web site. check it out. tell me what you think.

ralphwoodcock

Thanks for the suggestion, Conquer Club is a great site. I have just signed up.

jim483
ralphwoodcock wrote:

yes it's very laid back. there doesn't seem to be as much sarcasm. people definetly take chess more seriously. i'm playing 3 games right now and it's pretty cool waiting for someone on the other side of the side of the world to wake up and make their move. now i play chess whilewaiting for someone to make their move and somehow it's better now

jim483
ralphwoodcock wrote:

are you using the name ralphwoodcock on conquer club. if not, tell me what ur using and we'll try and hook up in a game. i'm going by the moniker of cavemanjim cause i'm so good lookin'.

ralphwoodcock

No thats my facebook login. I used ralphw.

TheTJBirmingham

Settlers of Catan is a great strategy game also.

nweb99

i like civ 4 and 5  [for the computer], settlers of catan [i have all the expansions] and houngry hungry hippoes.