Favourite often-used excuse

netzach

I was drunk & cannot remember anything so no point asking me ?

mateologist

My old standby excuse: man i was about to really get ready to crush you , if i had not gotten CHECKMATED you would have been in real trouble !

Laughing  Our favorite OTB excuse ! 

hankm

I couldn't tell the difference between the queen and the king.

TeraHammer

When I get crushed early: "Unlike you I don't need to remember opening lines"

mateologist

Bobby Fisher did not make excuses when he lost as a kid growing up in Brooklyn, He just started Crying !!  Cool

TeraHammer

When I run out of time: "I made better moves earlier"

petitbonom

Mouse slip.

CBA
petitbonom wrote:

Mouse slip.

I have actually had that. But perhaps not as many times as I have claimed...

StevenBailey13

Chess? Oooohhh...I thought we were playing draughts!!

BaronDerKilt

Oh baby oh oh oh oh oh oh oh ... YA ! What? I dropped a piece?! Sorry, someone Distracted me ...

part12

i was calculating 10 moves ahead

e4nf3

I woulda won if coulda had white.

DrSpudnik

My dog ate my brain. Frown

corpsporc

"I saw that coming when I misclicked ten moves back. I just wanted to make sure that you could see it."

CBA
corpsporc wrote:

"I saw that coming when I misclicked ten moves back. I just wanted to make sure that you could see it."

Yup, I've heard that one before!

Crazychessplaya

"I underestimated you." Heard it about a dozen time from one guy. Thrashed him mercilessly.

netzach

Being fairly honest I just say ''ooops'' ( but sometimes delay incase never seen... :)

ivandh

Its not about winning or loseing, its about ghetting your king to the otheir side man.

mateologist

At least you don't need an excuse when you lose to these kids at OTB tournys, They always provide me with one. I say congradulations on your victory young man, they say " Sorry i checkmated you Mr. but you really SUCK "  Laughing  LOL         

heinzie

The American attitude, it will bring you anywhere in life...