Forums

FIDE rating? yes how do we get that??

Sort:
bgianis
VikramjitM wrote:

hello respected members, i just want to know the procedure of getting FIDE rating, well there is an International open tournament coming up in my home town this month so if i participate there will i get FIDE rating?

Become a club player, get an athlete's ID in your federation, and you will also be registered in FIDE's list. Then play in rated tournaments to get an official FIDE rating.

krishnach

Martin_Stahl
alaguramu wrote:

First you need to apply for a FIDE ID through your federation before you play your games against FIDE rated players.

Not anymore. http://arena.myfide.net/

That will get you a FIN and you can get an online FIDE rating. Of course, OTB play would still be necessary to get regular rating.

masteroftheknight

you can get your fide rating by getting a rating of 1200-1400+ and getting your fide id in fide cis. Then pay 10 euro to get on the fide chess ladder and in around a week you will see your name on the fide website. Then what you do is subscribe to the fide rating tournament if you are 1200+ in national rating (i cannot because my nr is 521). Win 3 matches and you will confirm the rating with fide. To get to an nr of 1200-1400 you will have to play and win at least 50% of 16 matches to get a nr (3 7 match tourneys) and around 30 to 35 more to achive 700-800 (4-5 7 match tourneys) and then just win many higher level players and you will see yourself at around 1200-1400 rating

LoneWolf-FrodeLyngtu

Is it possible to get ELO or FIDE rating online in chess.com ?

Or is it not a possibility?

I was wondering because I dont have a rating online.

Martin_Stahl
LoneWolf-FrodeLyngtu wrote:

Is it possible to get ELO or FIDE rating online in chess.com ?

Or is it not a possibility?

I was wondering because I dont have a rating online.

You can only get Chess.com ratings from Chess.com

The US Chess federations allows Online rated games on the site but nothing like that is available for FIDE ratings as they have their own site for online play.