rishikeshwaran
pawnstorm17 wrote:
rishikeshwaran wrote:
you can do it too

But how?

practice. make a lot of mistakes too!

Tried...not working.....frustrated.png

pawnstorm17

well a German sparring partner of mine told me this right after playing a 90 | 30 game (he crushed me easily this time, and for a time I've been more or less winning most of our games)... I asked if he wanted some bullet or blitz games after analyzing our game... (sensing I wanted to take it even by winning in a faster time control) and he asked back, what's wrong with me with our earlier game? I told him I don't know. I never felt so 'low' in this point of my life. He then commented I seem to want things with faster payback... not so without delayed gratification.  Profound & true it seems...

Great things never come easy. If they are, everyone would be doing the same thing, so its not.. and never will be easy.

jonathanpiano13
@pawnstorm thanks!
@rishikeshwaran see my 2nd post!
rishikeshwaran
jonathanpiano13 wrote:
@pawnstorm thanks!
@rishikeshwaran see my 2nd post!

Thank you very much, friend! happy.png

SmithyQ

Congratulations!  That's an impressive climb.

In my case, I went from 1400 to 1800 in just over two years, but then got stuck at 1800 for about a decade.  It was a real struggle, but at the same time, finally hitting 2000 was all the sweeter.  Hopefully it doesn't take you near as long as me.  Good luck!

pawnstorm17

jonathanpiano13 danke too, @rishikeshwaran you're welcome

jonathanpiano13
@SmithyQ thank you! It’s impressive that you still managed to reach 2000 even after having gotten stuck for such a long climb. I hope I will join the 2000 club some day.

But, I have never read a chess book in my life and never even spent a single euro on chess (it is a purely cost-free hobby for me)... That is probably something which needs to change if I want to continue improving.
TheDynomyteDeal

That's dynomyte!!! I knew you could do it.

null