Forums

Fischer vs. Kasparov

Sort:
ilikeflags
nameno1had wrote:
ilikeflags wrote:

oh, you thought i was looking for a statement from you?  no, sorry.

But I love giving it right back to you...I thought you liked this flags...

this

chesspooljuly13
bigpoison wrote:
chesspooljuly13 wrote:
bigpoison wrote:

I thought "avarice" was the root of all evil, according to the old story.

Avarice is just another word for greed which is just another word for love of money (among other things.) So it's just saying the same thing using a different word

Nope.  Wrong again.  If we have three cupcakes between the two of us and you scarf down one very quickly so you can beat me to the third one, is that not greed?  Money's got nothin' to do with it.

What part of "AMONG OTHER THINGS" did you not get? That was a short sentence. Concentrate. You'll better get beyond your knee-jerk reaction to be contrary

theoreticalboy
bigpoison wrote:
theoreticalboy wrote:
nameno1had wrote:
theoreticalboy wrote:

Oh wow, you really haven't comprehended, at all.

I'm asking, seeing as you keep claiming this "wisdom of the elders" canard, do you believe yourself to be possessing of greater wisdom than Keats and Rimbaud?

I am far wiser than both...they are dead...

Actually, they are alive through the vital force of the words they have given over to posterity; the only true immortality to exist.

Can't agree with that one theo'.  It, too, will cease to exist eventually.

Fair point; I should clarify by saying it's the only true immortality within the confines of human reality, which of course is entirely finite (and I guess who's to say we'll all know how to read in 50 years, also?)

And yeah, nemo and chesspoo have so blatantly missed the point, I really don't see the point in attempting to restate just in order for them to fail again (and not fail better, as in Beckett's dictum).

bigpoison

Hahahahahahahaha

ha!

You got 'er all figured out, eh kiddo?  Must be nice.

ilikeflags

glad this is off-topic

bigpoison
chesspooljuly13 wrote:
bigpoison wrote:
chesspooljuly13 wrote:
bigpoison wrote:

Avarice is just another word for greed which is just another word for love of money (among other things.) So it's just saying the same thing using a different word

Nope.  Wrong again.  If we have three cupcakes between the two of us and you scarf down one very quickly so you can beat me to the third one, is that not greed?  Money's got nothin' to do with it.

What part of "AMONG OTHER THINGS" did you not get? That was a short sentence. Concentrate. You'll better get beyond your knee-jerk reaction to be contrary

Then, what's your point?  Avarice does not = love of money.

chesspooljuly13
netzach wrote:
chesspooljuly13 wrote:
netzach wrote:
chesspooljuly13 wrote:

How does one get everything you listed? Money, right? Money pays for water, sleep, indoor plumbing, security, the likelihood of finding a spouse, etc., etc. 

hehe Dunno why I find that funny. Just do ! 

Didn't think someone with a 137 IQ would need this explained to them but water costs money, sleep normally requires a mattress or couch and women aren't likely to marry someone who lacks the basic necessities of life.

Clear now?

Your actually totally wrong there. Where I live water comes from a private-spring (enough to supply entire farm) & I do not pay a nickel or dime for it.

Additonally I do not pay to sleep, nor do I buy wives...

Oh, nutsack. Nutsack, nutsack, nutsack.

I'm growing tired of educating you.

Do you think maybe the fact that your property has a private spring for water increased its sales/rental price? Do ya think maybe the fact that you are able to sleep in a home increased its sales/rental price? Do ya think if you lacked shelter, food, water, etc., etc. that you would find a wife?

Are you sure you have a 137 IQ as you claimed? I think you added a digit somewhere lol

ilikeflags

ilikeflags

ilikeflags

ilikeflags

let's get a theme going.  starting now:

ilikeflags

chesspooljuly13
bigpoison wrote:
chesspooljuly13 wrote:
bigpoison wrote:
chesspooljuly13 wrote:
bigpoison wrote:

Then, what's your point?  Avarice does not = love of money.

Love of money is an example of avarice (i.e. greed.) It's not the only example, it is AN example. Good grief.

ilikeflags

ilikeflags

ilikeflags

nameno1had
netzach wrote:
chesspooljuly13 wrote:
netzach wrote:
chesspooljuly13 wrote:

How does one get everything you listed? Money, right? Money pays for water, sleep, indoor plumbing, security, the likelihood of finding a spouse, etc., etc. 

hehe Dunno why I find that funny. Just do ! 

Didn't think someone with a 137 IQ would need this explained to them but water costs money, sleep normally requires a mattress or couch and women aren't likely to marry someone who lacks the basic necessities of life.

Clear now?

Your actually totally wrong there. Where I live water comes from a private-spring (enough to supply entire farm) & I do not pay a nickel or dime for it.

Additonally I do not pay to sleep, nor do I buy wives...

Do you use a pump to get the water into your plumbing system? My bed costed me money, so does the laundry detergent I use to wash my bedding. We can look at using the bathroom while we are at it. Everytime I flush the toilet, I have to pay for the sewer use and the new water filling the tank, not to mention the use of T.P.   ....

I didn't pay for my wife either, but I did pay for my marriage license, the ceremony and she has expensive tastes, that I am rather stuck paying for if I want her to stick around... I am sure she would leave if I refused her the love I would be showing in buying her those things.

There used to be an air tax I heard of ,that monarchs placed on people. The air is one of the few things I don't think I pay for, but I sure pay out a lot to keep me alive, to get a chance to breathe it.

chesspooljuly13

It's been great, kids...

See you back in school tomorrow. Don't forget to bring your slickers. We're going on a field trip and I heard it might rain.

ilikeflags

theoreticalboy

It's actually getting uncomfortable reading nemo-s and pooh's dirges, they're just that lacking in sense and comprehension.  I'm glad the images are here.

This forum topic has been locked