Forums

Fischer vs. Kasparov

Sort:
nameno1had
theoreticalboy wrote:

I am really not very good at taking jokes. I am still very young and don't get the humor of more experienced people.

I am sorry you don't have a sense of humor...

ilikeflags
nameno1had wrote:
theoreticalboy wrote:
nameno1had wrote:
I try to keep it simple for you flags, I seem to get overloaded by my longer posts...

Yup, agreed.

Quoting my post as it actually was posted and then editing it doesn't change what typed. I will admit, that is a dirty little troll trick, to make it look as if I goofed and did a retro edit. Congratulations, your slimier than ever you little worm...

this post is cute.

nameno1had
ilikeflags wrote:
nameno1had wrote:
theoreticalboy wrote:
nameno1had wrote:
I try to keep it simple for you flags, I seem to get overloaded by my longer posts...

Yup, agreed.

Quoting my post as it actually was posted and then editing it doesn't change what typed. I will admit, that is a dirty little troll trick, to make it look as if I goofed and did a retro edit. Congratulations, your slimier than ever you little worm...

I can tell by your posts, you are cute.

Flags, you shouldn't....

theoreticalboy
nameno1had wrote:
theoreticalboy wrote:

I am really not very good at taking jokes. I am still very young and don't get the humor of more experienced people.

I am sorry you don't have a sense of humor...

This post is chronically adorable.  We've taught the old dog a new trick!

(and he's still using it in terrible fashion)

theoreticalboy

By the way, nameno1; Yeats was 25 when he died.  Do you think you're superior to Yeats?

nameno1had
theoreticalboy wrote:

By the way, nameno1; Yeats was 25 when he died.  Do you think you're superior to Yeats?

In what way would you say that I resembled him enough, in some minute way, to get you to even try to goad me into comparing myself to him? I don't know much about the guy first of all and the subjectivity of opinions make doing so a waste.

theoreticalboy

No, silly, I mean because you seem so concerned to assert the superiority of age.

How about Rimbaud?  He stopped writing poetry when he was 19!  What a staggering loss to the world that was...

ilikeflags
theoreticalboy wrote:

By the way, nameno1; [K]eats was 25 when he died.  Do you think you're superior to [K]eats?

fixed that for you.

Yeats lived to be an old guy.

theoreticalboy

Oops, my mistake.  Gracias, Senor Flags.

theoreticalboy

(Yeats was better though)

nameno1had

I only write poems as a hobby or for the occasional attempt at humor. Our respective goals and styles would make it a waste of time. I never really cared about poetry as an art form, until I was in my late 20's. I was too busy enjoy sports and other outdoor activities when I was that young. Opinion, as I said before make comparing poets in terms of best, rather pointless.

ilikeflags

yeats is an interesting guy cuz he's written some of the best words in the english language.  easily one of the top 3 english lang. poets every to live in my mind but he wrote SO much that there is some real crap (or at least really forgetable stuff) mixed in.  there was a welsh poet/professor that i knew and really really loved in college called leslie norris, pretty great writer in his own right, he read at least one wb yeats poem every day.  pretty cool tribute.

ilikeflags
nameno1had wrote:

I only write poems as a hobby or for the occasional attempt at humor. Our respective goals and styles would make it a waste of time. I never really cared about poetry as an art form, until I was in my late 20's. I was too busy enjoy sports and other outdoor activities when I was that young. Opinion, as I said before make comparing poets in terms of best, rather pointless.

your poems suck.  and once again you've missed the point we all got.

theoreticalboy

Oh wow, you really haven't comprehended, at all.

I'm asking, seeing as you keep claiming this "wisdom of the elders" canard, do you believe yourself to be possessing of greater wisdom than Keats and Rimbaud?

nameno1had
ilikeflags wrote:
nameno1had wrote:

your poems suck.  and once again you've missed the point we all got.

You keep acting as if you don't want my input, but admit it, you prefer a live target instead of just getting a pic from the net, to take turns abusing as if it was a live person. Don't kid yourself flags, you need me. I don't need you though, I just put up with you because, I feel sorry for you. Wink

ilikeflags

yeah dude, you're batman, i'm the joker.

nameno1had
theoreticalboy wrote:

I'm asking, seeing as you keep claiming this "wisdom of the elders" canard, do you believe yourself to be possessing of greater wisdom than Keats and Rimbaud?

I am far wiser than both...they are dead...

theoreticalboy
nameno1had wrote:
theoreticalboy wrote:

Actually, they are alive through the vital force of the words they have given over to posterity; the only true immortality to exist.

nameno1had

Hey theo...

Did it ever occur to you that it would be awefully arrogant for one artist to judge himself better than another? Out of respect, even if I chose to dedicate the time that was spent by your beloved poets and had any chance to be thought as highly of by others, that I would alienate myself to a ridiculous pedestal?

ilikeflags
nameno1had wrote:
theoreticalboy wrote:

but your poetry sucks.

This forum topic has been locked