Forums

"Bobby Fischer's OUTRAGES CHESS MOVES" book is good!

Sort:
The_Ghostess_Lola

The best book I've ever owned - for chess. It's really fun to try figuring his moves out....and BTW, there are very, very few people alive today that have beaten Bobby....and I met one !

RichColorado

The_Ghostess_Lola wrote:

The best book I've ever owned - for chess. It's really fun to try figuring his moves out....and BTW, there are very, very few people alive today that have beaten Bobby....and I met one !

What is his name maybe we can track the game!

DENVER

DiogenesDue

I'm surprised that nobody has bothered to mention yet that this is not "Bobby Fischer's" book at all.  It's Pandolfini's book, written about Fischer.

fburton

Certainly the antsiest.

fburton
btickler wrote:

I'm surprised that nobody has bothered to mention yet that this is not "Bobby Fischer's" book at all.  It's Pandolfini's book, written about Fischer.

I thought that was obvious from the cover.

RichColorado

It does say it on the cover I posted.

DENVER

The_Ghostess_Lola

Viktors Pupols....Thanks 4 asking DH....Smile....

DiogenesDue
fburton wrote:
btickler wrote:

I thought that was obvious from the cover.

Hello...it is obvious from the cover.  The thread title, were it correct, would then have to have quotes around the entire title.  The way it's posted implies Bobby Fischer as the author.

fburton

I agree the thread title is highly deceptive. Anyone seeing it who didn't know the book already might think they had discovered a hidden classic by the great man himself, and then have their hopes dashed when they discovered it was by a not so great (but still okay) man.

Can thread titles be changed after they are created? I know it's possible on some other forums.

fburton

Viktors Pupols... Wow, that is a cool name!

The_Ghostess_Lola

He may be 1 of only a few still alive (the only one ?) to hold this little tidbit of trivia.

RichColorado

January 14, 2020

I still like this book . . .

ChessAuthor

I agree, Denver. It's a great book for the "outrageous moves," but then you can go through and study the entire game and see how they transpired. Good stuff!

RichColorado

It's a great book when you want to carry and practice just a little any time and move on. . . 

RichColorado

In isolation I'm going through it again . . .