Funniest example of castling ever!

Sort:
KarlPilkington

This is completely hilarious!!! 

Not sure how to post my games but here is the link:

http://www.chess.com/livechess/game.html?id=336022143

johnmusacha

I thought I'd be a pal and post the game for you:

Two questions though.  1) what is so "hilarious" about this?  You must have an odd sense of humor.  2)  Where is the "castling"?  Your opponent (over whom you were significantly higher rated) did not castle at all. 

Just wonderin'

overclockedapebrain

What's funny is it took you 47 moves to win this game.

johnmusacha
overclockedapebrain wrote:

What's funny is it took you 47 moves to win this game.

Hah.  That's awesome.

Caiello

http://timkr.home.xs4all.nl/records/recordstxt.htm#greatest%20number%20of%20castlings

look at this! accidently castling twice as white!

kodeeak
johnmusacha wrote:

Two questions though.  1) what is so "hilarious" about this?  You must have an odd sense of humor.  2)  Where is the "castling"?  Your opponent (over whom you were significantly higher rated) did not castle at all. 

Just wonderin'

his opponent didn't castle but he had moved into a funny position that made him look like he castled

johnmusacha

Yeah, but how is that "hilarious"?  Perhaps it was one of those "had to have been there" things.

kodeeak
johnmusacha wrote:

Yeah, but how is that "hilarious"?  Perhaps it was one of those "had to have been there" things.

I think by funniest he meant strangest

overclockedapebrain
koala8 wrote:
johnmusacha wrote:

I didn't realize "funniest" and "strangest" were synonymous.

johnmusacha

Even if they were, the Original Posta billed this as the "Funniest example of castling EVER."  As in call the neighbors, wake the kids (which I did).  What a let down.

kodeeak
overclockedapebrain wrote:
koala8 wrote:
johnmusacha wrote:

I didn't realize "funniest" and "strangest" were synonymous.

funny can mean strange look in the dictionary if you have to

kodeeak
computermedic64 wrote:

Move 41.Rh7 mate

yeah it is how did he not see that

SHiNKiROU

Black King went a long way above the pawn line (f7-h7 pawns) to perform artificial castling from move 9 to 21.

videomantv

I see that at move #15 Black's King is out at g5. That is kinda funny, but in a sad way

kiwi-inactive

He/she had no other choice...

Lots of huge ego's in here..

KarlPilkington

This is a hilarious and funny example of how a king can wander across the board into a mating net, and then walk away into the bank rank and artificially castle.

It IS funny (for those with a sense of humor).

Foot in Mouth

ponz111

If you want "unusual" castling, I have a move actually named after me which is a kind of "unusual castling" but it is part of an opening system. The move had not been thought of until I played it and that is why it was named after me.

bronsteinitz

Nice castling by black. Not very comfortable but certainly an interesting walk.

KarlPilkington
Shadowknight911 wrote:

30 seconds of my life I'll never get back.  Idiot.

You've been more polite to me in other threads...