Forums

Funny Games

Sort:
rookendings

post all your weird or one-sided games here!

this is a game to start off with

tabor

Guess that is a standard +eight /years of age elementary school game

rookendings

nup i just made it on the spot

Scottrf

Had some weird games against the computer.

Razdomillie

I just played a game where I gave up in 6 moves (correspondence chess no less), because I did that common mistake of moving the white Bishop to g4 (rather than f5 which is the proper move) in the slav. Wasn't funny to me, sure must have been to the other guy.

Scottrf

Why is that resignable?

Razdomillie
Scottrf wrote:

Why is that resignable?

Best case scenario I lose a pawn and end up in a bad position. The main issue is the possibility for pressure on b2 and f2 with white's Queen. In other words anyway I take back the pawn leads to the loss of material.

So I resigned...

Scottrf

No way is that resignable against a player of that rating, 2 of the last 3 bad positions I've had in CC, both players around 1700  (piece down in one two pawns down in the other) I won.

http://www.chessgames.com/perl/chessgame?gid=1411967

Razdomillie
Scottrf wrote:

No way is that resignable against a player of that rating, 2 of the last 3 bad positions I've had in CC, both players around 1700  (piece down in one two pawns down in the other) I won.

It's hard to explain, but I didn't even want to win after I made that mistake. Maybe I'm crazy, maybe I'm a perfectionist, maybe both...

Scottrf

Looks like sandbagging to me...

Razdomillie
Scottrf wrote:

Looks like sandbagging to me...

I've only lost 3 games in correspondence so far, I don't think that's enough to be sandbagging lol.

Scottrf

Well that depends how they were lost. I was kidding really, but a silly position to resign in.

Razdomillie
Scottrf wrote:

Well that depends how they were lost.

Fair enough. The first loss was the first game of correspondence I ever played so I wasn't using enough time per move, the second game I let my opponent gain control of too many open files (not gonna make that mistake again), and we both know what happened the last game :)

EDIT: The first two were played out fully, didn't secify that.

prazzzwal

...Smile