GIVE ME 100 BEST CHESS OPENINGS

CHAMU-Z
QUICK PLEASE...
kindaspongey

TINSTAABO

"There is no such thing as a 'best opening.' Each player should choose an opening that attracts him. Some players are looking for a gambit as White, others for Black gambits. Many players that are starting out (or have bad memories) want to avoid mainstream systems, others want dynamic openings, and others want calm positional pathways. It’s all about personal taste and personal need.
For example, if you feel you’re poor at tactics you can choose a quiet positional opening (trying to hide from your weakness and just play chess), or seek more dynamic openings that engender lots of tactics and sacrifices (this might lead to more losses but, over time, will improve your tactical skills and make you stronger)." - IM Jeremy Silman (January 28, 2016)
https://www.chess.com/article/view/opening-questions-and-a-dream-mate

The August 2018 issue of Chess lists the top twenty openings compiled from a list of 2415 May games where both players were rated over 2400 Elo. One can not take position on this list too seriously because it is greatly influenced by how the openings are grouped. For example, all the Retis are grouped together, while English is separated into 1...c5, 1...e5, etc. Nevertheless, for what it is worth, some of the list entries are: 181 Retis, 104 declined Queen's Gambits, 97 King's Indians, 95 Caro-Kanns, 89 Berlin Lopezes, 79 Nimzo-Indians, 70 Najdorf Sicilians, 68 Slavs, 65 1...e5 Englishes, 55 Catalans, 53 Petroffes, 43 1...c5 Englishes, 42 1...e6 Englishes, 42 1...Nf6 Englishes, 42 Giuoco Pianos, and 42 Classical Gruenfelds.

"... A typical way of choosing an opening repertoire is to copy the openings used by a player one admires. ... However, what is good at world-championship level is not always the best choice at lower levels of play, and it is often a good idea to choose a 'model' who is nearer your own playing strength. ..." - FM Steve Giddins (2008)

cyboo
The way to go is slow slow slow.
JeffSaad
Nice
Alltheusernamestaken

All the engines recomend 1.e4 c5

drmrboss
Alltheusernamestaken wrote:

All the engines recomend 1.e4 c5

Even on the same hardware, same time control , the same engine may have diffent choice in many situations.

In this example , at depth 50 single PV, SF chose 1. c4 as his best move at depth 50 . ( Probabily because of Fail high (or refutation for his common 3 choices 1.e4, 1.d4, 1. Nf3 )

http://talkchess.com/forum3/viewtopic.php?t=67213

Same depth 50, with multi PV, SF choose ,1. Nf3 as his first choice(highest score)

http://talkchess.com/forum3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=64499

Rsava

1. e4 is "Best by Test"

With apologies to Hillel the Elder, "The rest is commentary. Go and study."

Sidudaav

All these nubs memorizing openings smh

YureaLily

1.Na3! best opening. proven by stats

RedGirlZ

this is ridiculous but here:

https://thechessworld.com/articles/openings/chess-statistics-top-10-best-openings-for-white-and-black/

littleLizz

If you want to be reasonably safe, play d4 as white and c6(Caro-Kann) as black. If you want the absolute best opening, the one that wins by force: 1. f3! e5?? 2.g4!!!! 1-0

Deep_Critter
I mean I played against stock fish on the mobile app and it threw F4 at me on the first move. But of course that’s a engines random opinion.
ChessBooster

it is ridiculus how many % of chess players think "suitable" opening will lead him to the winning positions or who knows what

instead of wasting lifetime to find "truth" would be better to get focused on a strategy and tactic principles, middlegames, endgames

cyboo
The way to go is slow slow slow. Didn’t I say that already? Play positionally.
fishyvishy

I think there is no best opening. But, if you are a beginner player, and you are playing white, I suggest 1.f3... 2. g4. It gives you a very narrow set of positions that you can study fully.

Sonseearae

The best opening is 1. e4

When you understand fully why it is the right opening, you'll also understand why there is no best opening.

littleLizz
fishyvishy wrote:

I think there is no best opening. But, if you are a beginner player, and you are playing white, I suggest 1.f3... 2. g4. It gives you a very narrow set of positions that you can study fully.

You have it a bit wrong. You only play 2.g4 if black plays 1... e5. Then there is only 1 real continuation which you can study very deeply. XDDDDD

shadowscream

Using first principles only and no book knowledge my daughter (age 8) gets about 10 moves deep into the Ruy Lopez.

Ive been trying to get her to spend 90% of any “learning” time on endgames rather than openings...