Forums

Hard Work Alone Can Never Make You a Master

Sort:
yureesystem

Any player who has the discipline to systematic study chess material and reach a goal, can apply the same principles to any endeavor to succeed in life. It take mental discipline and will power to reach any goal.

21 minutes ago·Quote·#259

913Glorax12

yureesystem wrote:

KRAPARSOV

Hard work alone can never make you a master but you could become a master of hard work

Players who never reach a higher rating think it is impossible to become expert or master: but it can be done. If study the right material, YOU WILL BECOME A LOT STRONGER! If you are at 1200 and you want to be 1800 FIDE or USCF, through hard word and systematic study you will reach your goal, guarantee.

I am only suggesting these materials, these materials help me to reach 1800 USCF and later expert.

(1) Morphy's Games Of Chess by Philip W. Sergeant ( 300 games)

(2 ) Logical Chess Move By Move by Irving Chernev (Excellent Book)

(3) Amateur Verse Master by Max Euwe (One those book that explain move by move)

(4) The Road to Chess Mastery by Max Euwe

(5) 1001 Winning Chess Sacrifice and Combination by Fred Reinfeld ( The best book on tactics)

(6) Modern Chess Strategy by Pachman ( excellent book on strategy)

(7) Silman's Endgame Book ( Excellent book and well organize)

Pick one tactical player like Morphy and one positional player like Capablanca or Rubinstein games collection and go through them with their annotation.

I promise you , you will be a lot stronger player and reach at least 1800 FIDE or USCF without a trainer. When I was low rated (1162 USCF) my first goal was 1800 USCF and I reach much higher. We are not talking about being a Grandmaster, that takes talent.

Why would you work hard if you gain nothing.   Its like saying you work really hard at the factory, but to bad you never will get a pay raise. But hey, your the best worker I have!

yureesystem wrote: A discipline mind can achieve anything in life because he overcome difficult problems without give-up: but staying focus and pushing through adversities to reach a goal.

913Glorax12

Well, thank you for showing my picture! I am honored!

What goal if you are just the master of hard work. A jack of all trades and master on none.

yureesystem

25 minutes ago·Quote·#261

913Glorax12

Well, thank you for showing my picture! I am honored!

What goal if you are just the master of hard work. A jack of all trades and master on none.

yureesystem:     Hard work in any endeavor with focus bring good results.

913Glorax12

Not according to kasparov

rtr1129

Ok guys, I've decided to settle this and become a master.

913Glorax12

Good luck with that!

Don't let anyone stop you! Ever!