HELP ME!! I want to switch from e4 to d4.I am 1700 and i need a new repetoire.

ChessGm101

I need to be aggresive!!!!!!!

ChessGm101

PLZ HELP!!

ChessGm101

I will give u 10 trophies

hitthepin
Um, the Queens Gambit is a solid opening. So is the London.
santiagomagno15

You are not a 1700, you are a 1400, you want to be agressive? well then dont play that opening, d4 usually leads to solid positional play, e4 leads to more fun stuff, Fischer never played d4 ever, he was always playing e4, want to attack? try the kings gambit

DavidEricAshby
If you do switch to 1d4, I can recommend J Bartholomew’s 1d4 repertoire on chessables. It has helped me to win games and improve.
DavidEricAshby
Your tactics and lessons stats are incredibly good by the way. Have you tried the Ryder gambit for Blitz play? It’s all aggressive tactics from the get go.
Vicariously-I
santiagomagno15 wrote:

You are not a 1700, you are a 1400, you want to be agressive? well then dont play that opening, d4 usually leads to solid positional play, e4 leads to more fun stuff, Fischer never played d4 ever, he was always playing e4, want to attack? try the kings gambit

He could be 1700 OTB. Also d4 only leads to solid positional play if you don't make things more interesting. Simon Williams, aka the Ginger GM, is known for his crazy attacking style and he usually starts with d4. He even makes the London system exciting.

Aaron0608

Well you could try the Queens Gambit.

Aaron0608

IF he plays 1...d5.

DrSpudnik

I tried doing this a long time ago. Disastrous.

ChessGm101

i am a 1700

ChessGm101

in canada

ChessGm101

right aaron?

Aaron0608

I think so youhe 

Aaron0608
DrSpudnik wrote:

You screwed up.Thats why you failed

Aaron0608
Aaron0608 wrote:
DrSpudnik wrote:

No offense 

EOGuel

https://www.chess.com/blog/EOGuel/why-i-play-1-d4-over-1-e4

A follow would be awesome! wink.png

DrSpudnik
Aaron0608 wrote:
DrSpudnik wrote:

Opening with d4 didn't suit my style of play. It's not that there's any less to learn either. You go from having to deal with the French & Sicilian & Caro-Kann to the Nimzo-Indian & King's Indian & QGD etc. I played the entire season in the old Boston Metropolitan Chess League with 1,d4 and lost every game until the last game, where out of the blue I played e4 again. My opponent played a Sicilian and I blasted him with the Smith-Morra Gambit. It felt good to win again. It felt like coming home.

Aaron0608

I bet you did not try to win