Forums

Honestly, how much does it bother you to lose?

Sort:
winerkleiner

Evertime I lose I run to the nearest pub and flush tp until it clogs, then I feel better, but no losing doesn't bother me.

Joseph-S
winerkleiner wrote:

Evertime I lose I run to the nearest pub and flush tp until it clogs, then I feel better, but no losing doesn't bother me.

But it sure bothers the barkeeper!

winerkleiner

True, lol...plumbers sure love getting paid although.

vanhafford

You can't win what you ain't got and You can't lose what you ain't never had; that's Muddy Waters Baby.  Some games you win and some you lose.  It happen to The Greatest!  Learning is the key issue in regards to a lose game.  It's like NBA Basketball Playoffs!  You must study the flims regardless of a won or lose game.  It's a Must.  The (Flims) are a repeat look at the game and so it is with a lose game of chess.  Record your lost or won game/s.  Study/Review how,why,when,where and what may have contributed the most to the game.  Gaining the knowledge of the Opening Theory, the middle-game transitions, and its endgame knowledge is the key to Learning from one's losses!  Record and Review your lost games!  Study your losses, and Cry don't be a Whimper/Whinnie:)

NimzoRoy

Honestly, how much does it bother you to lose?

A lot, if I lose on account of a dumb mistake I could've avoided and esp if I had enuff time to  hold off on moving for another day in order to double-check my analysis one last time before moving - sometimes I notice errors the next day I initially overlooked the first time.

Not so much overall esp if I just got outplayed or made an error in judgement that was at least a "long term" error not obvious for several more moves - as opposed to just dropping a pawn or the exchange for instance. And once in a blue moon I actually admire the way in which my opponent blew me off the bd...

BTW I've read that players like Capablanca were able to shrug off loses  and not let them affect their play in the next rd. Of course, it's easy to shrug off lost games when you only lost 35 in your entire career!

How can I lose to such an idiot? AARON NIMZOVITCH

The loser is always at fault VASILII NICOLAEVICH PANOV

You're never a loser until you quit trying MIKE DITKA

kiwi-inactive

Practice practice practice! 

*Just lost a game*....

Acknowledge, accept, move on! 

learningthemoves

"How much does it bother you to lose?" 

Well, judging by my record, not nearly enough yet!

gaereagdag

Dennis Connor would say "you're a loser".

Dennis Connor for the younger generation was the uS capt of the America's Cup sailing team that lost to Australia 2 in 1983. Dennis was such a trash talker that he could have taught a trash talk course to a wrestler.

Knightly_News

This Dennis Conner?

VULPES_VULPES
NimzoRoy wrote:

BTW I've read that players like Capablanca were able to shrug off loses  and not let them affect their play in the next rd. Of course, it's easy to shrug off lost games when you only lost 35 in your entire career!

Wouldn't it be harder instead of easier?

If you're that good, you would expect yourself to be flawless.