Forums

How much more would you like Bobby Fisher if it weren't for all the crimes ?

Sort:
SebLeb0210
DrSpudnik wrote:

He wasn't ill.

yeah he had aspergers. ( he admited it. )

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asperger_syndrome

The_Ghostess_Lola

My Dearest Forum

There is a significant difference between being mentally ill and having a disorder.

SebLeb: If he admitted to having Asperger's, please give proof. If you can't, but you're qualified, please state your paperwork. And btw, it's reasonable that you could be right - without any proof or professional knowledge.  

SebLeb0210

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKAW173cSjY

Somebodysson

he singlehandedly busted the stranglehold the Soviets had on international chess. He singlehandedly won the cold war long before it was over. 

varelse1

I just hope Carlsen doesnt turn into another Fischer. The last thing Chess needs is another absentee Champion.

fabelhaft

Fischer didn't play a single game as World Champion, and in that respect Carlsen will have beaten him a month from now in Zurich.

varelse1
basmanny wrote:

Is there anything about Carlsen's history or psychological profile that would lead you to believe that he would refuse to defend his title?

Just that he withdrew in a huff from the 2012 cycle. Over some trivial point.

And considered withdrawing from the 2013 cycle, when he was informed the playing venue for the championship match would be Chennai. Luckily stuck that one out.

I would diagnos Magnus with a slieght case of Kasparofischeridis. (But not a full dose yet.)

fabelhaft
varelse1 wrote:
basmanny wrote:

Is there anything about Carlsen's history or psychological profile that would lead you to believe that he would refuse to defend his title?

Just that he withdrew in a huff from the 2012 cycle. Over some trivial point.

And considered withdrawing from the 2013 cycle, when he was informed the playing venue for the championship match would be Chennai. Luckily stuck that one out.

I would diagnos Magnus with a slieght case of Kasparofischeridis. (But not a full dose yet.)

I don't think he withdrew from the 2008-12 cycle "over some trivial point". In the middle of the ongoing cycle FIDE changed the whole system and replaced the longer Candidates match between two qualified players with a minimatch knockout lottery with various invited players that didn't want to participate in the qualification cycle. I've never seen anything about Carlsen withdrawing from the latest cycle because FIDE skipped the bidding and gave Chennai the match instead of for example Paris that offered more money. Carlsen's team did question why there was no bidding system, but refusing to play is another matter entirely.

SebLeb0210
varelse1 wrote:

I just hope Carlsen doesnt turn into another Fischer. The last thing Chess needs is another absentee Champion.

Me too

RonaldJosephCote

Hey To Somebodysson;  You forgeting your military history; He did beat the Russian stronghole on chess, but he didn't win the cold war. President Reagan did that in the 80's. We had an economic race with them as to who could go broke 1st. They spent, and spent, and spent, and we spent money like it was water. The result was both countries went bankrupt; but we won.

Meh95
SebLeb0210 wrote:
varelse1 wrote:

Me too

Your naive vision of life is what disturbs me Sebleb

Ubik42
RonaldJosephCote wrote:

Hey To Somebodysson;  You forgeting your military history; He did beat the Russian stronghole on chess, but he didn't win the cold war. President Reagan did that in the 80's. We had an economic race with them as to who could go broke 1st. They spent, and spent, and spent, and we spent money like it was water. The result was both countries went bankrupt; but we won.

Despite the very liberal spending policies of the 80's under Reagan, the US did not go bankrupt.

The_Ghostess_Lola
varelse1 wrote:

Oh agreed. Indeed agreed my beloved varelse1.....Smile....

SebLeb0210
Abdallahkh95 wrote:
SebLeb0210 wrote:
varelse1 wrote:

Me too

Your naive vision of life is what disturbs me Sebleb

ok, interesting...