Forums

How much would you pay to play Carlsen in a simul?

Sort:
TetsuoShima
bobbyDK wrote:
rascalnikov stem

All those of you cheapoes who say that $100 that is enough not just for a game with Carlsen but also a dinner and analysis, have a look at this link:

http://www.1000passions.com/en/entertainment-culture/listexpdetails/Play_Chess_With_Grandmaster_Magnus_Carlsen

2600$ I wouldn't spend on chess, if I had to spent that kind of money I would go on vacation 2 weeks somewhere warm maybe Italy.

spain would be also cool

makikihustle

Nothing. But I might play him if I were paid $1,000 apearance fee.

Any less and it would be a waste of time for both of us.

People would really pay to play him? :D

TetsuoShima

i rather would hire a tea master who makes me the perfect tea for that money

rascalnikov
LongIslandMark wrote:

Not worth a dime. It would be like me paying Nolan Ryan at his peak to bat against him (American Baseball). My only chance of getting on base would be to lean into a pitch and get hit by the ball - and where's the fun in that?

The fun is in touching the greatness. A memory for a lifetime.

WalangAlam

The highest i can afford and he would accept as long as its a casual game and he would give me the moves with explanations so that i can beat him.

Abhishek2

Dinner? lol.

shepi13
Yereslov wrote:
rascalnikov wrote:

Carlsen would have owned Fischer's ass from here to Reykjavik...

Not in the 1960's. He would be helpless in age where opening theory was just starting out and where one had no computer analysis to rely on.

Let's be honest, Carlsen is a by-product of the computer age. If Fischer had the same exact benefits, he would be a God.

I love how the 50% of people who worship Kasparov claim that Carlson has poor opening prep and doesn't analyze openings enough.

The 50% who worship Fischer claim that without his opening prep he would be killed.

TetsuoShima
shepi13 wrote:
Yereslov wrote:
rascalnikov wrote:

Carlsen would have owned Fischer's ass from here to Reykjavik...

Not in the 1960's. He would be helpless in age where opening theory was just starting out and where one had no computer analysis to rely on.

Let's be honest, Carlsen is a by-product of the computer age. If Fischer had the same exact benefits, he would be a God.

I love how the 50% of people who worship Kasparov claim that Carlson has poor opening prep and doesn't analyze openings enough.

The 50% who worship Fischer claim that without his opening prep he would be killed.

Well i would say Fischer would win either way.

sluck72

I'd rather play Petrosian or Tal. I'd pay 1000$ for that. 

TetsuoShima

i would rather play Morphy or Fischer

GenghisCant

It's all relative.

To some $2600 is a lot of money, to others it isn't.

In comparison to ringside seats or a private box at a top football game, it's not that outrageous.

I think the last David Haye fight was 1500 Euros for ringside and there was no one to one, dinner or analysis of his fight with him afterwards.

bobbyDK
Genghiskhant stem

It's all relative.

To some $2600 is a lot of money, to others it isn't.

In comparison to ringside seats or a private box at a top football game, it's not that outrageous.

I think the last David Haye fight was 1500 Euros for ringside and there was no one to one, dinner or analysis of his fight with him afterwards.

I bet some can even deduct the money saying it goes to charity if they have a smart auditor.

MSC157

Nothing. I would pay 50€ to play Kasparov, 20€ Kramnik, others nothing. :)

TetsuoShima

but when you go to a boxing match you at least see hot women, when i have to look at Carlsen for 2 hours i at least want to get paid for having to do that.

TetsuoShima
FEDTEL wrote:
MSC157 wrote:

Nothing. I would pay 50€ to play Kasparov, 20€ Kramnik, others nothing. :)

exactly like me! but I'm stingy so 10€ to Kasparov and 4€ to Kramnik :D

funny pic