I beat a 2100!!!!

ImmaturePig

Thanks 

Caesar49bc

In my experience, and looking at other games between higher and lower rated players where the lower rated player wins or draws... its usually the higher rated player that gets cocky and impatient in the game.

It takes no time for a 1500 to get out of book in the opening, so the higher rated player thinks "instant tactics", looking for a quick win, and throwing opening development out the window like dirty dishwater.

Destroyer942
Caesar49bc wrote:

In my experience, and looking at other games between higher and lower rated players where the lower rated player wins or draws... its usually the higher rated player that gets cocky and impatient in the game.

It takes no time for a 1500 to get out of book in the opening, so the higher rated player thinks "instant tactics", looking for a quick win, and throwing opening development out the window like dirty dishwater.

I do that a lot. Not necessarily opening development but generally forget about defense getting to opssesed in taking out my opponent quickly.

DonkeyKing17

Nice Keep it up wink.png

ImmaturePig
DonkeyKing17 wrote:

Nice Keep it up

Thanks 

MouseOnDrugs

asdf

Alexm67000

Nice job

Alexm67000

That is proof that players with less rating can beat players with much more rating

Fixedthx

op fooling some of the people some of the time

collecting adulation and pats on the back today the op was reported at press time to be fooling some of the people some of the time.  indeed, despite a complete inability to speak in chess language, the swashbuckling hustler had nearly the entire chess community unconcerned that a player completely illiterate in the language of chess with a vocabulary averaging 2.4 letters per word can win so as to stand in this forum reception line collecting congratulations without any explanation whatsoever the tactics or strategies of how he deduced the middle plan appropriate to bring home the win.  Unnamed sources indicate the four exclamation headline surely looked like someone who'd been there before ok so ya.

Caesar49bc
Fixedthx wrote:
op fooling some of the people some of the time

collecting adulation and pats on the back today the op was reported at press time to be fooling some of the people some of the time.  indeed, despite a complete inability to speak in chess language, the swashbuckling hustler had nearly the entire chess community unconcerned that a player completely illiterate in the language of chess with a vocabulary averaging 2.4 letters per word can win so as to stand in this forum reception line collecting congratulations without any explanation whatsoever the tactics or strategies of how he deduced the middle plan appropriate to bring home the win.  Unnamed sources indicate the four exclamation headline surely looked like someone who'd been there before ok so ya.

It's not like anyone is forcing people to congradulate the OP.

Winning against a 2100 is a very good feat for the average player hovering around the 50 percentile. It's what give a player the incentive to improve so they can do it again. Perhaps someday the OP will be rated 2100 or more.

Maybe 10 pages of adulation seens a bit much, but it's just a reflection of how many players use chess.com.

In OTB play, you'll feel really special if your the last game of the day, your winning against a much higher rated player, and a crowd starts forming around your board, watching every move being played. 

Valerie-Sunshine

so what

ImmaturePig
Valerie-Sunshine wrote:

so what

Nothing just saying