Forums

I cant stand people who dont resign -.-

Sort:
royalbishop
Elubas wrote:

How is it a tactic to continue to play chess?

"a game that is clearly lost without even hope for a draw."

Again, there is no way we could possibly know what this even is. How can I be 100% sure of anything? I can know situations where I will very probably lose, but I can't be more confident than that.

We have been over this a 1,000 times. I have had to say it to you 2,000 times. And again their tactic is to get a cheap win by Time Out.

Read his comments on how he turned it around how a Non Resigner was innocent then later said he was jerk then later put it look like it was guy fault for playing in that situation.

Still trying to find a way to say Non Resigners that are clearly in losing without even hope for a draw should not resign. They were in tournaments holding up a group from advancing and holding up the entire tournament. It took like 10,000 comments for you to admit these Non Resigners give themselves a bad name.

Try to campaign for this idea in the tournament community. Doubt you try as the number of Tournament players responses will be so overwhelming against you your head will hurt for a week.

Hey try it Vote Chess come and play. And do not play against the newbies. Try out the Veteran teams with the Veteran players and see what our response will be against this Non Resigning. lol. I promise you your opposition will have a great time but that will not be said for your team. Pretty after a  couple of those games you will rethink your position

Elubas

Ok, you answered the first part pretty well; and if you have been reading my posts you would know I agree about the time outs.

However, instead of attacking me, I would prefer you address the other part of my post: "Again, there is no way we could possibly know what this even is. How can I be 100% sure of anything? I can know situations where I will very probably lose, but I can't be more confident than that."

It looks like I am "rude" on the board, and you are off the board.

royalbishop

@e4_guy that is one the examples i am talking about here. The first game where your opponent has multiple queens. And i am sure he posted it somewhere and sooner or later i will see it again.

These kind of end games are just....   well. What the result will be is trash talk increasing on this site as if we do not have enough. It spreads like a virus as one player will hype another player up. When they face this situation after seeing a game like this it only feeds the trash talking. Now it is manifested on players profile, notes. And they respond and sometimes others join in.

The most trash talk i have seen is in Vote Chess when the team is lead by a Non Resigner. Pages and pages of the most funny insult you will ever hear and nothing is off limits. Most likely in the last posts then we move on to next game. I thought this was just one group but it will happen in almost any group where a Non Resigner think he can get a cheap win by Time Out or to aggravate the opponent.

royalbishop
Elubas wrote:

Ok, you answered the first part pretty well; and if you have been reading my posts you would know I agree about the time outs.

However, instead of attacking me, I would prefer you address the other part of my post: "Again, there is no way we could possibly know what this even is. How can I be 100% sure of anything? I can know situations where I will very probably lose, but I can't be more confident than that."

It looks like I am "rude" on the board, and you are off the board.

Ahhhh this again about 100,000 comments back and think i forgot.

You said then that you saw mate in 7 moves. I think you think your opponent is stupid or drinking tequila. Now when it gets down to mate in 2-3 moves your approach is still the same. Your not going to resign.

With you who knows your twisted motives. It could be to make your opponents suffer. It could be to hope for a Time Out. It could be because you made a mistake moving to quickly and chatting to get a rematch. Or maybe it is an experiment to see how they perform next game? To see if they are tired and blunder in next game. Think i covered all your twisted options. Innocent

royalbishop

Look out here he comes. Elubas

If you say the sky is blue ..... he will come back and say it is not.

Naturally you say how do you figure that?

He will respond well it is full of clouds right now and therefore white from his perspective. He will say if that what you see then that is what is so therefore the sky is white.

Doggy_Style

Please chaps, not the "blue sky" conundrum again.

Elubas

"With you who knows your twisted motives. It could be to make your opponents suffer. It could be to hope for a Time Out. It could be because you made a mistake moving to quickly and chatting to get a rematch. Or maybe it is an experiment to see how they perform next game? To see if they are tired and blunder in next game. Think i covered all your twisted options. Innocent"

I agree with you that those motives are bad. But those wouldn't be my motives. I'm not 100% sure of the result, so I may want to make sure the result that looks like it will happen, happens. Or I might not. I am not trying to harm anyone.

royalbishop
Elubas wrote:

"With you who knows your twisted motives. It could be to make your opponents suffer. It could be to hope for a Time Out. It could be because you made a mistake moving to quickly and chatting to get a rematch. Or maybe it is an experiment to see how they perform next game? To see if they are tired and blunder in next game. Think i covered all your twisted options. "

I agree with you that those motives are bad. But those wouldn't be my motives. I'm not 100% sure of the result, so I may want to make sure the result that looks like it will happen, happens. Or I might not. I am not trying to harm anyone.

Elubas we have to respect one thing about your here.

This guy should be in Politics wow you sure can put a spin on things. Just when i am sure i have you in the corner with no way out. You remove the corner and have all that space behind you to maneuver.

Elubas

You say I am putting a spin on things, but you never refute the spin! I'm not just trying to make a difficult argument. I, for one, sometimes like to play things out a lot to be as sure as I can, and I would appreciate if on every move I didn't have to fear "Oh my, I should resign now or he's gonna hate me!" I really, really, don't appreciate that kind of pressure at all. It's hard enough to look for the best move; now we have to constantly be thinking about the timing of resignation? Seriously, it seems like this is a task in itself! No, not a task, a craft!

royalbishop
Bicarbonatofsoda wrote:

"Well I .... won't back down
No I .... won't back down
You can stand me up at the gates of hell
But I ... won't back down

No I'll ... stand my ground, won't be ....  turned around
And I'll keep this world from draggin me down
gonna stand my ground
... and I won't back down

Chorus:
(I won't back down...)
Hey baby, there ain't no easy way out
(and I won't back down...)
hey I will stand my ground
and I won't back down

I am going to send this to a couple people when they are in this situation. We are going to get to so many laughs out of this one. This will last for months.

Elubas

Hmm, if "causing suffering," which you alluded to earlier, is bad, as you seemed to imply, and laughing at someone causes suffering, then aren't you doing something wrongful yourself? In a way, you are being a hypocrite. And as we were talking about motivations... I'm wondering what your motivations are right now! Smile

royalbishop
Elubas wrote:

You say I am putting a spin on things, but you never refute the spin! I'm not just trying to make a difficult argument. I, for one, sometimes like to play things out a lot to be as sure as I can, and I would appreciate if on every move I didn't have to fear "Oh my, I should resign now or he's gonna hate me!" I really, really, don't appreciate that kind of pressure at all. It's hard enough to look for the best move; now we have to constantly be thinking about the timing of resignation? Seriously, it seems like this is a task in itself! No, not a task, a craft!

:

More Politics here folks. A classic deny, deny and deny. He says he is not sure but earlier he can see mate in 7 moves. Now it is pressure to determine the outcome, before you wanted to play it out make them earn it.

Now it is hard enough to look for the best moves. In a game that you know mate is 2-4 moves. Man that is some real pressure. If you feel the pressure and find a way to win a game that should be you being mated in 2-3 moves when you saw in 7 moves ago, please share your secret.

Oh here is your best one which i like. "Timing your resignation" Now we are making progress here. Your thinking about resigning. Now when you believe in resigning the mission will be complete. This is like falling up the steps here with you on this topic. Oh i get "the craft" alright.

Will my opponent blunder or will he not that is the question.

Will my opponent Time Out or will he not that is the question.

My question is how many opponets have Time Out against you when they should have won a game when you had no option to win or even get a draw?

Part 2 can you send us a photo of you celebrating after you win a game with these tactics because it must as funny as hell. lol.

royalbishop
Elubas wrote:

Hmm, if "causing suffering," which you alluded to earlier, is bad, as you seemed to imply, and laughing at someone causes suffering, then aren't you doing something wrongful yourself? In a way, you are being a hypocrite. And as we were talking about motivations... I'm wondering what your motivations are right now!

When in Vote Chess and a team is taking a whuppin and mate is coming in 7 moves .... no 4 moves and they do not resign it gets us ticked off in  a 3 day a move game as it can go on for 24 days which is almost a month.

Outrageous! So humor comes out to past the time as they want us to suffer. We worked hard as team to get the win and not going to be cheated. They hope for a blunder... not going to happen. They hope for a time out... not going to happen. The only result is that we goint to finish it off with a win.

Nothing but all business. Next game.

GameTheoryOptimal

If you expect your opponent to resign, you'll win in time. Perhaps they are just doing as some preach and like to wait til they actually lose. Of course, stalemate can always come. I think it's pretty respectable that someone plays til the end. If everyone quit before the endgame, you'd have no practice. It's just a habit, even if it is annoying sometimes.

royalbishop

All those games, it is clear you know when it is mate in 2-3 moves.

Hmmm maybe you see things differently.  So you do not resign.

Obviously you found a way to still win those games.

GameTheoryOptimal

Well what's the point of resigning if it's 2-3 moves til it's over. Always a way. Might as well finish it up.

royalbishop
mattguy444 wrote:

If you expect your opponent to resign, you'll win in time. Perhaps they are just doing as some preach and like to wait til they actually lose. Of course, stalemate can always come. I think it's pretty respectable that someone plays til the end. If everyone quit before the endgame, you'd have no practice. It's just a habit, even if it is annoying sometimes.

I used to be a draw master in chess. But i am talking about when not even getting a draw is an option.

I am talking about playing against an opponent who you know is playing stronger that you are and rated higher and your getting crushed by material advantage and positional advantage. And you you know because you have play often as many as hundreds of games a year for years.

The advantage you may make a new friend and/or find out how they beat you if they ask and all kinds of other interesting things.

Go back to the post on the Non Resigner who held up his group in a tournament with no chance to advance in his group and was alos holding up the entire tournament. If this is not giving you a clearer picture.

royalbishop
mattguy444 wrote:

Well what's the point of resigning if it's 2-3 moves til it's over. Always a way. Might as well finish it up.

The difference .... your opponent says good game. They even invite you into a group. They send you an invite to be friends and you get to meet their friends and so on. And they share some secrets that you did not know about the game.

I can not count the number of times i saw a guy blunder which led to him getting crushed and felt bad about whuppin him. I offer some ideas or i say something like you must have been distracted and we chat for a while. If i come across him again i try to avoid him and play somebody else.

Now that guy more than likely has something nasty to say to his opponents that he beats. I look at his profile notes and tons of comments with insults directed to him. Not all but players like this have it on their profile.

GameTheoryOptimal

I suppose it does depend on your skill level in relation to your opponent's.

GameTheoryOptimal
royalbishop wrote:
mattguy444 wrote:

The difference .... your opponent says good game. They even invite you into a group. They send you an invite to be friends and you get to meet their friends and so on. And they share some secrets that you did not know about the game.

I can not count the number of times i saw a guy blunder which led to him getting crushed and felt bad about whuppin him. I offer some ideas or i say something like you must have been distracted and we chat for a while. If i come across him again i try to avoid him and play somebody else.

Now that guy more than likely has something nasty to say to his opponents that he beats. I look at his profile notes and tons of comments with insults directed to him. Not all but players like this have it on their profile.

I don't think it should bother a person that much just because a guy wanted to finish the game. Doesn't seem like that should stop someone from being your friend or inviting you to a group. But I guess it does. I do understand that it is annoying.