Forums

I don't improve in chess?

Sort:
Pleasure_Paradigm

Develop an opening repetoire. For the first 40 years I believed that "Tactics are 99% of Chess." WRONG!! No tactical strike can develop when you have a superior position! I recommend "Positional Play" by Dvoretsky and Yusopov.

TetsuoShima
Pleasure_Paradigm wrote:

Develop an opening repetoire. For the first 40 years I believed that "Tactics are 99% of Chess." WRONG!! No tactical strike can develop when you have a superior position! I recommend "Positional Play" by Dvoretsky and Yusopov.

then look in the thread most underrated player, and look at the queen sac from mikhailnishin, no opponening repertoire would have saved you.

Yes well i think tactic is still most important, but will i ever be able to get as tactically strong as strong players??

royalbishop
Pleasure_Paradigm wrote:

How many pages?  How many games will you say you won becuase you have read this book? About how many.

I have had so many recommended to me in the last month i had to cut down my list. The that did not make my list was a book that cost over $200.00. As i feel no chess book is worth that amount.

wyh2013

royalbishop,I am not sure if I can go with you because I am sure that more than 70% people will just spell GM Capablanca as gm capablanca.I do like your capitalization concept but it doesn't seem to work for me to convince others' on it.

royalbishop

They talk about grammar yet they do not type GM instead of gm.

I know this story. When a player here that is 500+ stronger  suggest something they have a tendencey to try to find a reason not to do it.

I once saw a group of players insult a well know WGM here. And they were dead wrong and not even close to being right. Funny how her point was proven months later to them anyway. She already proven her point as they made themselves look bad.

A Doctor is not dr a President is not pres or prez. It is about the lack of respect here. They are behind a computer and have the heart of a lion. Almost all your entire game came from some of those GM's like Capablanca directly or indirectly via another player. They put time and blood into improving chess to the game it is now.

Now if the GM did something you do not like in his life then show your lack of respect in that area. They earned their title and thus they deserve GM and not gm of Gm or gM. Maybe that is why they charge so much for coaching lessons as you give them their due respect out of your pocket. Which seems to be the only way to get respect from this generation of players than run rapid. Not sure what percentage of them  do this. But when a few of them do this is feels like a huge crowd(speaking from my view only).

I have an IM i do not like here but i am not going to type "im username". Will they care i doubt it too much as they have tough skin. But if it is seen infront of thousands of people alll bets are off and i do not want to be no were near when it goes down because it is going to be brutal.

GenghisCant

royalbishop, you are missing the point. You brought up the gm / GM thing, yet your own posts are full of horrible punctuation, poor sentence structure and spelling mistakes. It is extremely hypocritical to berate someone for poor capitalisation while not being able to formulate a sentence properly yourself.

Reading your posts, it would appear to me that English is probably not your first language. That's fine. That explains the errors I mention above. It is just hard to take someone seriously when they are having a go at others for grammatical / spelling / capitalisation errors in this format.

royalbishop

Not that i am not able it is 14 hrs plus what  you have to do does not equal what i have to here. And to add to it i have to talk about this. and to add play my games and not get behind.

All he has to do is type GM  and it is not a thing. When a person is wrong they are wrong and your defending it. Yeah i admit my grammar and i also   give the reason for it. It may not be the best but you can understand it and how it is happening.

GM is a simple thing so it is not about grammar he hides behind that and it is really the issue of simple R-E-S-P-E-C-T! People attack people here so quickly. Yeah some of it should be just brushed off as it is just talk. Funny call them "gm username" a few times when you want something from them and see how they respond in a public thread. They do not even attempt it. That type of behavior will not be tolerated by them and they have no reason to tolerate it. It like somebody spelling your name wrong or saying your name incorrectly and they say they do that to everybody. Now i am not a violent person but i will tell them you have just one more time to do that as my parents gave me a name. I have met people like that and they think they are so funny.

Hey but what goes around comes around. When it comes around they cry foul. It shows the lack of how your parents raised you as a child. If a person has a title i treat it as such.

Try that a job with the person writing your paycheck. Do Mother's Day cards say mother's day when they sign them. No why because for a whole year until the next Mother's Day your not only going to hear it from your Mom but every Mother she comes across and your going to get unheard of level of Nagging!

GenghisCant

'What I have to do does not equal what you have to here' - I'm not sure what this means, given that is is jibberish. It could either refer to English not being your first language, which would make sense, or that you assume you have a busier job than most. Given that you have no idea what most people here do for a living, this would be a little presumptious.

You speak about respect but show none yourself.

You call my parents into question but, one simple thing my mother did teach me (that I find fitting here) is that people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. Obviously your mother missed that out during her superior parenting.

royalbishop

So you say it is ok for him to continue to type "gm capablanca" ?

That would be a big fat no.

GenghisCant

(facepalm)

royalbishop
Genghiskhant wrote:

'What I have to do does not equal what you have to here' - I'm not sure what this means, given that is is jibberish. It could either refer to English not being your first language, which would make sense, or that you assume you have a busier job than most. Given that you have no idea what most people here do for a living, this would be a little presumptious.

You speak about respect but show none yourself.

You call my parents into question but, one simple thing my mother did teach me (that I find fitting here) is that people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. Obviously your mother missed that out during her superior parenting.

Altering what i typed like i did not check it now.

" what  you have to do does not equal what i have to here"  That is what i typed in comment #52. So now your not only defending wrong but now your changing the content of what i said here. And plus you took only part of it.

Your method is not ethical as i had to use highlight view to find it. And still it was hard to find in a few seconds. Ok now that you had to play dirty to try to prove something everything you have said is now mute.

When and when i do have bad grammar i will take what is due. And will explain that i am on for over 14hrs at a time. I am also an Admin on several teams with different tasks on each of them.  Also said it might happen again and will make adjustments.

But GM Capablanaca is a great chess player. Almost all of us have benefited from him directly or indirectly via another player and last but not least he is dead. But alive in spirit. GM Capablanca it is then. Is it ok for him to now type gm capablanca in the future because of what i did? That would be a big fat no.

GenghisCant

hahahaha

By that logic, absolutely everything that comes out of your mouth is 'mute' (you mean 'moot')

GenghisCant
TacticalSymphony wrote:
Genghiskhant wrote:

hahahaha

By that logic, absolutely everything that comes out of your mouth is 'mute' (you mean 'moot')

Why are you just trolling every single thread you see? 

Reported.

Well this is just sad.

I wonder if you can report someone for following you to a thread they have had no input into just to tell you they are reporting you.

hakim2005

tactics and simple endgames

K4rbon

I watched a video lesson on how to analize a position, and now I understand a little more of chess. I continue seeing video lessons, studying grandmaster matches, reading books and playing slow matches to become stronger!

K4rbon

I show little improvements as I stop playing blitz