Forums

i just can't win a game

Sort:
misterkleen

I JUST CAN'T WIN A CHESS GAME!

(i already submitted this post, but it may have been in the wrong topic. So I do it again. I hope I don't annoy anyone)

I had been using ChessMASTER 8000 (which doesn't seem to work on my new pc). On Chessmater you are pitted against a number of apponents of various skills. Such as a college student of moderate chess ability, a high school student etc and a 5 year old girl scout.They all wooped me!!!!!. Finally, I CONFRONTED SKIPPY THE CHIMPANZEE, who moved all his pieces totally randomly, without any kind of strategy at all!  Skippy mopped the floor with me!!!!

Now I feel a little better after the trouncing; I want to go back in the ring. Hopefully, Chess.com will help. Then I will roar 'BRING ME THAT CHIMP!! I'll murder him!!!

HattrickStinkyduiker

try practising some basic tactics: simple pins, double attacks/forks, basic mating patterns. Don't let it disturb you, everyone starts at a low level

HattrickStinkyduiker
TheARBChessSystem wrote:
HattrickStinkyduiker wrote:

try practising some basic tactics: simple pins, double attacks/forks, basic mating patterns. Don't let it disturb you, everyone starts at a low level

A Better way to learn is Play with the Kings & Pawns Only for Both Sides!

Then Add the Pieces later! 

A.R.B

You're probably joking, but it's subtle enough to get a reply.

The excersize you mentioned is very useful for studying pawn endgames, OP won't get to that apart from one side being up atleast a piece though

HattrickStinkyduiker
TheARBChessSystem wrote:
TheARBChessSystem wrote:

A Better way to learn is Play with the Kings & Pawns Only for Both Sides!

Then Add the Pieces later! 

A.R.B

You're probably joking, but it's subtle enough to get a reply.

The excersize you mentioned is very useful for studying pawn endgames, OP won't get to that apart from one side being up atleast a piece though

Pawns first!...Pieces later!...

The A.R.B Chess System - Kings & Pawns Game - Challenge!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6A1xd1zSJw

A.R.B

Meh, it's certainly useful, I'd put it down the list comparing to simple tricks though. It shows a lot of basic pawn endgame structures, but a beginners game will be decided earlier

BrianEDenton

Chess is tough for me too. Have you looked at chess.com's study plan? I've just started there and I've seen some improvement. I profited especially from the video series on opening development. Other than that I'd say play games and then review them, trying to learn from your mistakes and triumphs.

I've started a blog documenting my chess progress. You can read it here. It might offer your something to think about. We're probably at the same level. 

Good luck with your game.

bean_Fischer

Do you know how to win in this game?

http://www.chess.com/forum/view/chess-mentor/beginner-mistake-tusuk-sate

TitanCG

Ok check this out:

http://exeterchessclub.org.uk/content/ten-rules-opening

learningthemoves

Do tactics problems every day until you dream about them, wake up and do more tactics problems.

Do that and even the college kid will be a piece of cake. Unless, of course, he is a college kid on the University of Texas at Dallas chess team.

hakim2005

just play every day and don't care if you lose all games, u will get better by playing as many games as you can

Soorat92
misterkleen wrote:

(i already submitted this post, but it may have been in the wrong topic. So I do it again. I hope I don't annoy anyone)

I had been using ChessMASTER 8000 (which doesn't seem to work on my new pc). On Chessmater you are pitted against a number of apponents of various skills. Such as a college student of moderate chess ability, a high school student etc and a 5 year old girl scout.They all wooped me!!!!!. Finally, I CONFRONTED SKIPPY THE CHIMPANZEE, who moved all his pieces totally randomly, without any kind of strategy at all!  Skippy mopped the floor with me!!!!

Now I feel a little better after the trouncing; I want to go back in the ring. Hopefully, Chess.com will help. Then I will roar 'BRING ME THAT CHIMP!! I'll murder him!!!

wuhoo - somebody else who had problems with the chimp

I used to distract him with a banana then claim a time victory!

I remember the way he used to sulk ... and throw faeces at me - until I threw some back!

Ah good times ... you just don't get that on chess.com

TitanCG
Soorat92 wrote:
misterkleen wrote:

I remember the way he used to sulk ... and throw faeces at me - until I threw some back!

You must be new here.

x-2137697927
misterkleen wrote:

troll are something he hasnt played in any games

Soorat92
TitanCG wrote:
Soorat92 wrote:
misterkleen wrote:

You must be new here.

if i am missing the part on this site where you can throw bodily fluids at your opponent without risk of being sued - (funny story about a time I forgot to check that - and even then I misunderstood the rules too ... but I digress) - then point me in the direction good sir ...

x-2137697927
Soorat92 wrote:
TitanCG wrote:
Soorat92 wrote:
misterkleen wrote:

You must be new here.

if i am missing the part on this site where you can throw bodily fluids at your opponent without risk of being sued - (funny story about a time I forgot to check that - and even then I misunderstood the rules too ... but I digress) - then point me in the direction good sir ...

LOL!!!!!