Forums

i just dont know how magnus does it

Sort:
Irontiger
tigergutt wrote:
varelse1 wrote:

Magnus Carlsen is the product of a privleged lifestyle. Having every concievable advantage handed to him on a silver platter, he has slid into the top slot in the world chess scene, without ever having to apply even an honest days effort to achieve it.

In the meanwhile, honest people worldwide break their backs just trying to keep enough food on the table to fed their families. And in the few minutes the can spare from their hectic days, get on chess.com and look at those 64 squares in confusion. Wondering how those priovleged few like Magnus Carlsen seem so at home in this confusing universe. When if fact, any one of us could do what they do. IF we had that much free time to practice it!

What Carsen does isn't talent. It's spoilage!

The moral? Carlsen does not deserve our admiration. He stands as a reminder of how none of us can trust the system!

Im confused

I have never seen that post that you quote from varelse, and do not believe he would have posted it.

TetsuoShima

he really said that and i said its an illusion he worked probably harder then most poor people in my honest opinion

tigergutt

irontiger can you at least check your facts before talking bad about others? the comment i quoted is right there at the bottom of page 3

Irontiger
tigergutt wrote:

irontiger can you at least check your facts before talking bad about others? the comment i quoted is right there at the bottom of page 3

My fault, forgot about it. I apologize.

@Tetsuo : Although it is possible that Carlsen worked "harder than most poor people", it is also very possible than "most poor people" precisely can't get a decent job no matter how hard they try.

varelse1

I posted it. I was talking out my backside that evening.  I am/was very much aware nothing I said in that post holds up to reason.

Thank you for the vote of confidence though, iron tiger.

Irontiger
varelse1 wrote:

I posted it. I was talking out my backside that evening.  I am/was very much aware nothing I said in that post holds up to reason.

The bad Smealcohol was taking over ?

Sorry. Couldn't resist.

MrDamonSmith

Yeah, I thought it was a joke, making fun of the ones on the thread that were saying similar stuff but worded differently

TetsuoShima
Irontiger wrote:
varelse1 wrote:

The bad Smealcohol was taking over ?

Sorry. Couldn't resist.

i agree that was very rude form my side to take it seriously. But to be very honest, for people not used to blunders it would be a really great explanation why 2 strong GMs missed such an obvious tactical shot.

AndyClifton
naturalproduct wrote:

I don't believe in psychology (luck too?)....I believe in good moves. 

Fischer was onto more than he thought

Considering all the psyching he did on Spassky in their first match...I don't know about that.

AndyClifton
pfren wrote:

The poor boy did not know that Larry and Tony had prearranged a draw... 

Wow, and I was at that tournament! (I mean, spectating).

waffllemaster
AndyClifton wrote:
naturalproduct wrote:

Considering all the psyching he did on Spassky in their first match...I don't know about that.

Yeah, there are a number of WC quotes I think are dumb... of course you can say these things when the #2 player in the world is nearly a class below you.  You only believe in good moves?  Yes, you have the luxury lol.

TetsuoShima
waffllemaster wrote:
AndyClifton wrote:
naturalproduct wrote:

Yeah, there are a number of WC quotes I think are dumb... of course you can say these things when the #2 player in the world is nearly a class below you.  You only believe in good moves?  Yes, you have the luxury lol.

why was it dumb if he doesnt believe in it and he also has no reason to believe in it??

Sunofthemorninglight

Fischer didn't just look for the best moves, when he got bored with that he looked for incomprehensible moves. Then he looked at his opponent after playing it to observe the opponent's mind collapse (unfortunately for himself, he played one incomprehensible move too many). You saw it first on chess.com. Believe it ... or not.

AndyClifton
TetsuoShima wrote:
why was it dumb if he doesnt believe in it and he also has no reason to believe in it??

Well, that's what he said anyway (or claimed).  Self-awareness never really seemed to be Fischer's forte.

varelse1
AndyClifton wrote:
TetsuoShima wrote:

Well, that's what he said anyway (or claimed).  Self-awareness never really seemed to be Fischer's forte.

It was dumb, because the person saying it was a complete moron.

TetsuoShima
varelse1 wrote:
AndyClifton wrote:
TetsuoShima wrote:

It was dumb, because the person saying it was a complete moron.

i disagree maybe FIscher was even smarter then anyone who ever posted on a Forum.

Irontiger
TetsuoShima wrote:

i disagree maybe FIscher was even smarter then anyone who ever posted on a Forum.

Define 'smart'.

LoekBergman

I tend to agree with any assertion around maybe. No further questions.

TetsuoShima
Irontiger wrote:
TetsuoShima wrote:

Define 'smart'.

that was pretty smart

varelse1
TetsuoShima wrote:
Irontiger wrote:
TetsuoShima wrote:

Define 'smart'.

that was pretty smart

I've owned Pet Rocks that were smarter than Fischer.

Most days, anyway.