Forums

I lost a game any tips on what i could of done?

Sort:
Casey54

So i was playing chess against my friend and i ended up losing a game I thought i was winning can someone tell me some strategys I could of used from this point in the game to win the game. I Apreciate any input that is left as I am a very new chess player and I am trying to learn the game to the best of my ability

Im sorry if I post this in the wrong section as i said im very new to the site and chess in general.

JM3000
In my opinion black have the advantatge and black should win but the game isn't a easy win.

Look to the imbalances (the Silman's method for planning):

- material: black has Bishop for two pawns, black has the Bishop Pairs.

- Kings: White king is in the center, black king is safe

-Center: White has best pawn center.

-Files: Black has two open files.

I think the plan is Qc4 to difficult the castle, play in the open files with towers, and make a minority attack with the pawns in the queenside to create weakness in the white pawns and then fire and fire against the queenside weakness.  
Ferric
Casey54 wrote:

So i was playing chess against my friend and i ended up losing a game I thought i was winning can someone tell me some strategys I could of used from this point in the game to win the game. I Apreciate any input that is left as I am a very new chess player and I am trying to learn the game to the best of my ability

Im sorry if I post this in the wrong section as i said im very new to the site and chess in general.

Chess is about your thoughts and plans and why you played such moves. Follow opening guidelines is important. 

Everyone will have some different plan.

MarvinTheRobot
JM3000 wrote:
In my opinion black have the advantatge and black should win but the game isn't a easy win.

Look to the imbalances (the Silman's method for planning):

- material: black has Bishop for two pawns, black has the Bishop Pairs.

- Kings: White king is in the center, black king is safe

-Center: White has best pawn center.

-Files: Black has two open files.

I think the plan is Qc4 to difficult the castle, play in the open files with rooks, and make a minority attack with the pawns in the queenside to create weakness in the white pawns and then fire and fire against the queenside weakness.  

FIFY.

205thsq

i agree with Jm3000, i think your definitely better here but the game is far from won

My problem is i would rush ahead and start attacking stuff with just one or two pieces! Dont do that! get your pieces on thier best most active squares, get your side of the board in the most ideal set up so all your pieces are coordinated then put the pressure on

(all black moves) Maybe Qb7 threatening b4 Rac8 and then relocate your knight to the queenside maybe even c4 via (Nf6,Ne8,Nd6. Nc4)

Between those moves your opponent is going to do some stuff maybe attacking you with only one or two pieces! but if your pieces are improving then it will be easier to defend.

Sometimes you dont have to run out and win the game but calmly make your pieces more active to insure you dont lose

Casey54

Thanks for all the input guys I think i have an idea on where i went wrong and what I can do better next time im really love the community here on chess.com and apreciate the comments.