I`m stuck on 1600

sasazastavnikovic
Pixelgoblin wrote:

Taking chess advice from people rated many hundred points lower than you is like taking financial advice from a beggar. 

Hi, that is true but we need to keep in mind that players with the same rating don`t have the same knowledge. Some can be better in the opening, other in middle game and endings. Then you have players that have done professional training and have the same or lower rating at the moment but soon will progress very fast.  They can give you good advice in my opinion. My point is that anyone can give you advise it's up to you to follow up or not. At the same time, I didn`t notice many lower rating players giving a lot of advice.  

RupertRhine

Beggars Banquet? 

sasazastavnikovic
RupertRhine wrote:

Beggars Banquet? 

Not sure are you heading with this to "Beggars can't be choosers" or you are fan of Rolling Stones? 

sasazastavnikovic

Skinattack wrote:

My advice would be to play better, then you will likely win more and your rating will go up. Good luck!

Wow, never came on my mind. I will definetly work on it, thank you for your advice.

bonebroth

go cat go

Difster
Pixelgoblin wrote:

Taking chess advice from people rated many hundred points lower than you is like taking financial advice from a beggar. 

This is not necessarily so. The principles of learning chess apply across a wide range of ratings. The same holds true of many other disciplines as well.

*note, I know the person that made the comment I quoted closed their account, but my reply is for others reading along.

sasazastavnikovic
Difster wrote:
Pixelgoblin wrote:

This is not necessarily so. The principles of learning chess apply across a wide range of ratings. The same holds true of many other disciplines as well.

*note, I know the person that made the comment I quoted closed their account, but my reply is for others reading along.

100% true