Forums

I think Hikaru is not listed in the fide top 100 for December as of the moment I write this

Sort:
llama36
CooloutAC wrote:
nMsALpg wrote:
CooloutAC wrote:

He dominates the stage my friend, including Caruana throughout his career.

Classical games: Fabiano Caruana beat Hikaru Nakamura 8 to 7, with 33 draws.

https://www.chessgames.com/perl/chess.pl?yearcomp=exactly&year=&playercomp=either&pid=76172&player=&pid2=10084&player2=&movescomp=exactly&moves=&opening=&eco=&result=

In any case, how the hell do you "dominate" someone who is perpetually higher rated than you...

according to Uschess.org.  he has 5 wins,  1 loss  18 draws against Fabi.

I linked chessgames.com... if US chess disagrees, then US chess is morons. Nothing else needs to be said.

(although obviously it's USCF games and not FIDE or something... lucky for a troll like you such things exist)

llama36
CooloutAC wrote:
nMsALpg wrote:
CooloutAC wrote:

Look at how people talk about Fischer for refusing to play Karpov. 

That he was mentally ill?

Ok...?

No that he was a coward afraid of losing

Only trolls say that.

llama36
CooloutAC wrote:
nMsALpg wrote:
CooloutAC wrote:
nMsALpg wrote:

He was recently #20 in the world 

He didn't play classical for 2 years lol.   Obviously when he does decide to play he destroys.  

How did his rating fall to a career low?

The answer is he played and preformed poorly.

The answer is he didn't play at all.

I don't even think you're a troll, by the way. I think you're actually dumb.

I mean, this particular post is obviously a troll, but yeah, there's also something wrong with you.

ErnieTBass
nMsALpg wrote:
DundyO wrote:

Reading these comments during the second half of the 2022 Candidates Tournament is gold. So funny and really illuminates the puke which spews out of keyboards of people who sound like they have knowledge or insight, but have none.

You exclusively play 400 rated bots...

lol

I'm up to 850. Try to keep up.

Kotshmot
nMsALpg wrote:
Kotshmot wrote:
Kowarenai wrote:
NikkiLikeChikki wrote:

Hikaru is 34 in a few days and lots of younger players are coming up. The last year he played classical seriously he lost 40 rating points. He would never make it back to the top 10 even if he 100% dedicated himself to it.

this aged badly sigh idk why many think hikaru isn't worthy, whats wrong with these users?

Things like this are fun to read in hindsight. Hikaru always was an absolute top tier player who always had the ability to play even top 5 level chess if he dedicated himself, like he is showing now.

I don't think it had anything to do with dedication, it had to do with his poor psychology.

Same reason Nepo was utterly crushed in the WC match: psychology.

If ~8 years ago Hikaru was in the same place mentally that he is today, who knows what he would have accomplished.

Agreed but I mean dedication after he "retired" classical chess. I meant he always had the capability to come back if he puts the work in like he has done before.

Hes always been an emotional player so its a big thing for him to be able to have less pressure to do well in these tournaments.

Vertwitch

Nice win today 

BCchessnut
CooloutAC wrote:
nMsALpg wrote:
CooloutAC wrote:

Ok...?

You think Carlsens Fans will accept him just handing over the title to Nepo,  most whom will probably think nepo doesn't deserve it? 

Just how does Magnus hand the title over to Nepo?

BCchessnut
CooloutAC wrote:
BCchessnut wrote:
CooloutAC wrote:
nMsALpg wrote:
CooloutAC wrote:

Ok...?

You think Carlsens Fans will accept him just handing over the title to Nepo,  most whom will probably think nepo doesn't deserve it? 

If he decided not to play he forfeits it.

Correct- Magnus forfeits; then there is a  tourney between the number 1 and number 2 finishers of the Candidates  tournament.

So no, Magnus does not hand the title to Nepo.

BCchessnut
CooloutAC wrote:
BCchessnut wrote:
CooloutAC wrote:
BCchessnut wrote:
CooloutAC wrote:
nMsALpg wrote:
CooloutAC wrote:

Ok...?

Correct- Magnus forfeits; then there is a  tourney between the number 1 and number 2 finishers of the Candidates  tournament.

Ok I stand corrected, you are right.   If I was Nepo though I'd be calling Magnus a coward in the press lol.   Who wants to always be known as second best to Magnus even if he does win?  Not me lol.

Then again,  Maybe if someone beats Nepo. Like a HIkaru or Ding.   Then they can call out Magnus for the next tournament.  And Magnus will then have to play in candidates at least to save his honor.  lol

" If I was Nepo though I'd be calling Magnus a coward in the press lol. "

No you wouldn't.

If Nepo was you, he'd be calling people names; however if you were Nepo you would be responding in a classy way.

BlueHen86
BCchessnut wrote:
CooloutAC wrote:
BCchessnut wrote:
CooloutAC wrote:
BCchessnut wrote:
CooloutAC wrote:
nMsALpg wrote:
CooloutAC wrote:

Ok...?

Ok I stand corrected, you are right.   If I was Nepo though I'd be calling Magnus a coward in the press lol.   Who wants to always be known as second best to Magnus even if he does win?  Not me lol.

Then again,  Maybe if someone beats Nepo. Like a HIkaru or Ding.   Then they can call out Magnus for the next tournament.  And Magnus will then have to play in candidates at least to save his honor.  lol

No you wouldn't.

If Nepo was you, he'd be calling people names; however if you were Nepo you would be responding in a classy way.

Nice. happy

I'm sure Nepo wants to win the WC by beating Magnus, but if Magnus decides not to play I doubt Nepo say anything negative about him.

BlueHen86
CooloutAC wrote:
BlueHen86 wrote:
BCchessnut wrote:
CooloutAC wrote:
BCchessnut wrote:
CooloutAC wrote:
BCchessnut wrote:
CooloutAC wrote:
nMsALpg wrote:
CooloutAC wrote:

Ok...?

No you wouldn't.

Nice.

I'm sure Nepo wants to win the WC by beating Magnus, but if Magnus decides not to play I doubt Nepo say anything negative about him.

Then he would be the coward.  Who will forever be known, as his legacy,  as the coward who didn't even deserve to get the world championship and was only 2nd best.  Its better to put that on Magnus for not playing imo.    Just look at how many people feel about Fischer for refusing to play Karpov.

Nepo can only play the person that sits across from him. If it's not Magnus so be it, it doesn't make Nepo a coward.

As I said in the post that you quoted, I'm sure Nepo would rather play Magnus, but that is out of his control.

Saying negative things about Magnus doesn't make Nepo a tough guy.

Not saying negative things about Magnus doesn't make Nepo a coward, it makes him an adult.

BlueHen86
CooloutAC wrote:
BCchessnut wrote:
CooloutAC wrote:
BCchessnut wrote:
CooloutAC wrote:
BCchessnut wrote:
CooloutAC wrote:
nMsALpg wrote:
CooloutAC wrote:

Ok...?

No you wouldn't.

Call him a coward in a classy way then.   But make sure to disparage him publicly for not playing.

No. You respect his decision.