Forums

If a 2300 is insecure and wants to feel special about their rating, sex change?

Sort:
0ort

no, you totally missed my point

0ort

yes, now you've got my point! You're a moron!

goldendog

Reb has been absent for a couple months. Just sayin'.

Ygal

we as a society should not entertain the delusions of the mentally ill transgenders. a man should not be eligible for women's chess titles regardless of whether he's had his ding dong cut off or not. a man is a man no matter which surgical procedures have been performed. 

zezpwn44
FirebrandX wrote:
0ort wrote:

I think you should ask yourself why you're getting your panties in such a knot over this?

For whatever reason the top players have historically been all men (with the one obvious exception), just as in virtually all other sports. By your logic there should be black and gay Wimbledons as well.

He was making that a point about your logic.

No; by my logic we should have only one Wimbledon. It is equally rediculous to segregate women, blacks, gays, etc. Perhaps this would be controversial with a physical sport like tennis, but for chess this is just common sense.

zezpwn44
Ygal wrote:

we as a society should not entertain the delusions of the mentally ill transgenders. a man should not be eligible for women's chess titles regardless of whether he's had his ding dong cut off or not. a man is a man no matter which surgical procedures have been performed. 

It's doesn't surprise me that you play at about 1100 strength; you have to be a teensy weensy bit open-minded to find good chess moves!

Ygal

Sure, bring up my rating since you've got nothing of fucking substance to say.

Ygal

Typical yank wanker

wanmokewan

And now this nice, innocent thread has been pulled under by the extremists with their closed-mindedness.  *sigh*

Ygal

Think of it like this -  if someone said to you "i'm not really a human, i'm a dog born in a humans body. In order to feel more like a dog i'm going to surgically replace my legs with dog's legs and then i'm going to walk on all 4s, not wear any clothes and start barking" what would you think? Would you think this is normal? Wouldn't you think "but surely he was born as a human, he can't be a dog because he simply isn't one!"? This is an extreme example but in essence it's exactly the same as the transgenders. The mind creates a delusion that something isn't right and should be different. That they "should've" been born as a different gender. Obviously not, since they're the gender they are. No amount of surgical procedures change the fact of their gender. Instead, many make an abomination of their body in order to satisfy their warped and twisted minds. Our society should not encourage this type of insanity and thus men should not be elegible for women's chess titles.

Note; I do have transgender friends and I make my views clear to them. I'm not someone who only expresses these views on anonymous internet forums.

ChastityMoon

Ygal,

To simplify your argument then, people who have themselves tattooed and/or have metal piercings should also be excluded from competitions meant for humans who haven't tainted their bodily essences?  

Ygal

Well sure. If a competition is meant for women then it shouldn't allow the participation of men pretending to be women. If a competition is meant for humans who don't have piercings/tattoos, then people who have them should be excluded.

kponds
Ygal wrote:

Think of it like this -  if someone said to you "i'm not really a human, i'm a dog born in a humans body. In order to feel more like a dog i'm going to surgically replace my legs with dog's legs and then i'm going to walk on all 4s, not wear any clothes and start barking" what would you think? Would you think this is normal? Wouldn't you think "but surely he was born as a human, he can't be a dog because he simply isn't one!"? This is an extreme example but in essence it's exactly the same as the transgenders. The mind creates a delusion that something isn't right and should be different. That they "should've" been born as a different gender. Obviously not, since they're the gender they are. No amount of surgical procedures change the fact of their gender. Instead, many make an abomination of their body in order to satisfy their warped and twisted minds. Our society should not encourage this type of insanity and thus men should not be elegible for women's chess titles.

Note; I do have transgender friends and I make my views clear to them. I'm not someone who only expresses these views on anonymous internet forums.

First, you're confusing gender and sex, which are two different terms.  Sex is the physical equipment that you have, and gender is what you identify as.

Second, gender dysmorphia (identifying as a gender different than your sex) is a real psychological condition.  The psychological and medical community has determined that the way for someone suffering from gender dysmorphia to have the best quality of life is simply to have sexual reassignment surgery.  Therapy and similar attempts to "cure" gender dysmorphia do not have positive outcomes compared to simply accepting the identified gender and correcting the physical part.

Your ridiculous example of someone wanting to be a dog notwithstanding, it is in no way an encouragement of insanity (you are not using the word insanity correctly, but for the sake of argument let's assume it means "psychological disorder).  It is nothing more than the option which reduces the risk of poor outcomes associated with gender dysmorphia -- primarily anxiety disorders, major depressive disoders, and ultimately suicide rate.

zezpwn44
Ygal wrote:

Well sure. If a competition is meant for women then it shouldn't allow the participation of men pretending to be women. If a competition is meant for humans who don't have piercings/tattoos, then people who have them should be excluded.

I think you misunderstand. We can debate all you want about who should be able to enter a competition made for women. The real issue is that competition made solely for women exist. We'd never tolerate competitions made solely for whites, etc. Why segregated based on gender?

Also, please don't turn my thread into some transphobic political rant. That's not really what this is about.

Ygal
zezpwn44 wrote:
Ygal wrote:

I think you misunderstand. We can debate all you want about who should be able to enter a competition made for women. The real issue is that competition made solely for women exist. We'd never tolerate competitions made solely for whites, etc. Why segregated based on gender?

Also, please don't turn my thread into some transphobic political rant. That's not really what this is about.

I agree with you there.