Forums

Imposters

Sort:
Dark_N_Stormy_Knight

Agreed.  Trust anyone with a bank access code?  Good joke.  

Schachkaempfer

If we did that, this site is being more along the lines of the Internet Chess Club (I.C.C.), which is probably not the business model the founders here were wanting.

Dark_N_Stormy_Knight

Some people are "anger hoarders".  They aren't about to resolve an issue so they can get over it, that would ruin everything.  

KingSullian

I resemble'z dat' remark!!!  (:-

halfpointsausage

My pic is real, cause I'm not afraid.

Spelbnder

I think they use that  in a Nigerian chess  site :)

macer75
ponz111 wrote:

Imposters can be problems. In Ponziani Power where they take their vote chess games very seriously there were 3 imposters who one day delibertly voted for  a losing move --giving a queen away for nothing- this caused many problems.  Eventually the super quit and czme back after a couple of months. [and then many more problems]

Another player was wrongly accused of being the imposter and this player asked for my help to clear him. Many just assumed this player did the bad deed.  I actually did clear this player and also it was determined who did this dirty deed.

My actions to clear someone [this person was not particularily liked] did not sit well with super and now I am out of Ponziani Power and the super cut me off and accuses me of being into "conspiracy theories"

Also, an imposter posing as part of wikpedia asked me for a picture and some of my gzmes for wikpedia.  These is already a small article in wikpedia on me.  This person was an imposter.

That isn't a problem with imposters. That's a problem with people deliberately voting for stupid moves in vote chess. A person doesn't have to be an imposter to vote for stupid moves.

KingSullian
macer75 wrote:
That's a problem with people deliberately voting for stupid moves in vote chess. A person doesn't have to be an imposter to vote for stupid moves.

Hey! Surprised

I come from a long linage of dummie's Mr. macer!

Now to go slop da' hogs so i can's provide fer' my two queens..Kiss

macer75
AlexSullivan1001 wrote:
macer75 wrote:
That's a problem with people deliberately voting for stupid moves in vote chess. A person doesn't have to be an imposter to vote for stupid moves.

Hey!

I come from a long linage of dummie's Mr. macer!

Now to go slop da' hogs so i can's provide fer' my two queens..

um... what?

chasm1995

The Foo Fighters know how you feel...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBjQ9tuuTJQ

noddysbigtoe

My pic is real, cause I'm not afraid.also..

ponz111

A person does not have to be an imposter to vote for stupid moves but when 3 new players delibertly vote for the same move and that move is to give up the queen for nothing--you know someone is up to no good....

KingSullian
LauriAikio wrote:
nixfoucault wrote:
LauriAikio wrote:

If Chess.com changed their "register in" onto based on bank access codes, when opening a new account, there would be less cheaters & imposters.

Of Course there would be "less cheaters and impostors," because nobody would be joining the site anymore.

Your idea is idiotic.

Says who ??

Better an idiot than a dead dummy, dummy!!!!Kiss

Yea!,,, Say who's!Smile

ponz111

Estragon it happened in a game you participated in.

It was sheer mischief and indirectly partially led to me no longer being part of Ponziani Power.

Yes they joined the group just to sabotage the game.

ponz111

There was a person accused of the bad deed. He was not a friend of mine but he came to me to state he was innocent and he wanted me to defend him. [this person was unpopular with some in Ponziani Power]

I did defend him and showed not only was this person completely innocent--I showed who actually did the dark deed.

This apparently did not sit well and now I have been accused of being into "conspiracy theories" and have been blocked.

ponz111

Only one person blocked me. He did not kick me out--I had other issues with him.  But I kept a friendly correspondence with him as there was at least a possiblity I could rejoin. But then he made the accusation and blocked me.

The team administration had nothing to do with the imposter.  But I had a very hard time giving the evidence to help the innocent person as several did not want to listen to the evidence.  This did not  sit well  with the super and probably why he accused me of being into "conspiracy theories"

I still refer people to Ponziani Power even though I am blocked.

I would not personally want to rejoin now after the bogus accusation.

ponz111

I was not kicked out. I withdrew after a disagreement with the super and now am blocked.  My vote chess days are behind me anyway because of failing health.

ponz111

lots of laughs  I was not a world champion.  I did  win the 7th United States Correspondence Chess Championship with a score in the Finals of 13 wins and `1 draw and no losses.

KingSullian

Well I dink it about time we rolled out da' big un's!!!Smile

Show them not to mess with our lil buddy ponz!!!

Teach ya' 'ta mess wid' da' "ponz"!!!Laughing

Take dat' mean guy'z!!!!!Laughing

gaereagdag

Maybe this imposter for the Ponziani opening also likes high-class films: