19.b4Nxd3

20.bxc5Be4

21.Bg5Qxg2#

into Fritz?! 

ThanQ

Alienist
[COMMENT DELETED]
EscherehcsE

Sorry, sometimes asking questions on a forum is taking potluck with the promptness and quality of the responses. It just goes with the territory.

Try this - First put a space after each move number and between the moves. For example, the first set of moves would be

1. e4 e5

Now, copy all of the moves to your Windows clipboard. Finally, go into Fritz and paste the game (something like Edit - Paste game). I think that should work.

Alienist

Thank you. I tried that. Did not work unfortunately. 

Any other ideas?

BigAlex

start a new game, disable the engine and start moving the pieces as in your task.. then save game as.... and listo!

Bubatz

I would make a detour via winboard, creating a PGN-file later to load into Fritz: 

1.Open winboard (option "just edit gamefiles").

2."New Game", then move the pieces according to your game.

3. Save game (PGN-file is created)

4. Load PGN-file into Fritz. ("Öffnen"/"Datenbank öffnen", dann nochmal "öffnen" und in der Suchmaske pgn-files einstellen)

EscherehcsE
Alienist wrote:

Thank you. I tried that. Did not work unfortunately. 

Any other ideas?

Huh, shoulda worked. At least I got it to work in an older version of Fritz.

Like the others said, I guess your choices are either to create a pgn file and import it into Fritz, or just manually enter the moves.

MrEdCollins

EscherehcsE 's method also worked for me, with Fritz 12.  I'm sure this also works with Fritz 13.

Alienist

I finally got what i wanted. Made a pgn file, opened datatabase.

Thanks everyone, thanks bubatz.

worldthought_com
Estragon wrote:

A board appears with the initial position.  Then just paste, Control+V, and the moves appear like magic in the board window.  Then save the game - you will have to enter the player names, tournament, and all other data, but the moves should take care of themselves.

There is no apparent way to paste PGN notation into Fritz 13. 

A little cumbersome, but you can still upload it to a custom database after saving the notation as a .pgn and following these steps: http://uscfsales.wordpress.com/2011/08/12/importing-pgn-games-into-the-fritzrybka-interface/

Thetinkerman

I think you can do this by copying your pgn and then start a new game in Fritz.  Click on notation (the spce where the text should go) and paste.  You paste by doing Ctrl V.