Forums

Installing chess games

Sort:
KINGDASHER

Does anybody know if you can get a software package to install PGN games on a chess board website the same has the prcedure that it done on chess.com

By cliking the chess board button on a blog and installing the PGN by a chess wizard.

Nice feature if the code can be got for this function.

KINGDASHER

Hello

Any help with the below would be appreciate.

Is it possible to  get a function similar to the one they have on the blogs on this site to insert chess games in a blog  on a person own website??

I am intersted to be able to insert chess games on a blog on a web site similar to the way they have it done on the blogs here.

sirness

Hi, you can make your own on the GameKnot website, just click on "free tools", it's better than "Flash"

In my opinion because it can be viewed on IPads. I hope this helps.

KINGDASHER

Hello,

That is a good site,

You can create your own code and insert  it into you own blog but your are dependent on the GameKnot  website  for it to work has in the HTML code there are links to GameKnot which then run the script.

Was looking for a function software that was  independent of others.

Do not think the function in chess.com is create in flash??

sirness
I used to make my diagrams in Flash before changing to GameKnot and I assume you can make your diagram there and copy to here, or wherever you want. If you do this a lot it would be better if you invested in Chessbase at some point.. Good luck.
KINGDASHER
Not looking for such a large application like chessbase?! Just to be able to insert my own chess games on my blog similar to the way it is done on the blog here on chess.com. You put the games on your blog to get feedback from others. Not from a search engine??
KINGDASHER

Chess.com

Are using open source software. Then

Would you not think a member of the staff or developers of the site would provide us with this information, after all it is open source code

KINGDASHER
Chess.com Are using open source software. Then Would you not think a member of the staff or developers of the site would provide us with this information, after all it is open source code
sirness

You don't need to use search engines to publish games.

KINGDASHER

I think you are taking me up incorrectly??

If you have a blog on this site (chess.com) you can install chess games on your blog with a wizard which goes through stages.

For example you can enter PGN for  a game and it will be display  on your blog here you want people to see. The wizard in chess.com is there own software but is open source (free to anybody) and is controled directly by chess.com web developers and not depended on other compaines like GameKnot to install  the chess games on you blog

Did not mention search engines and has nothing to do with it.

Has the software to do install chess and chess diagrams used by chess.com is open source (free to everybody) and if staff or developers  of chess.com see this blog then I cannot understand that they will not point a person in the location how they created this function.

Great function and would like it to put it on my own blog external to chess.com on my own web site.

Any help I would  appreciate it very much on this and any staff members comments on the matter. Not much to ask from staff members if you are a full member for many years.

KINGDASHER

g

sara_manju

hello, here is the method to view ur games and post ur games.

first of all u should download chessgame viewer from google it is available for free. just go to google and say free chesspad download. then download and install it. once u do this then u can start downloading PGN of any game and u can view it using chess pad and also u can copy pgn of that game from there to post it anywhere else easily. hope u got what i said. this i got to learn from somebody else recently