Forums

International Women's Day, congratulations!!!

Sort:
marcel_712

Happy 8th of March!

Kingpatzer

Step back from the mushrooms . . .

trysts
marcel_712 wrote:

Happy 8th of March!
Today forget who you are and wake up to life again with natureBe a lively butterfly and stand on the first flower of purityYour day to be more serene as infiniteHappy birthday, flower of spring!

Well which is it, "woman's day", or "butterflies and flowers day"?Laughing

e4nf3

I think that there should be an International Chess Day.

Yeah...that'll catch on.

Kingpatzer

Ummm it already has caught on:

http://www.worlds-holidays.com/international/chess_day/

e4nf3

Thanks.

I suppose that I am the only one on the planet that was ignorant of this.

Whoopdeedoo!

TheGrobe

Congratulations?  I didn't realize gender was an accomplishment.  Congratulations to me too!

marcel_712

International Women's Dayhttp://www.internationalwomensday.com/about.asp watch this vidio!

Violets_are_blue

I don't know many kitchens that have computers so they won't probably read this thread. :(

jesterville

I do think women should be celebrated...but much more than this, they should be respected as well. A lot of these "declared days" are nothing more than useless rhetoric, which pretends to support the stated but in reality it does not. The world is still controlled by "the boys club", it may be outward, ruthless and uncareing in the East and Middle East...but just the same in the West...except it is disguised and publicly hidden, and not as much "in your face". Equality is not a reality in this world...

Elubas

There's a day for everything, isn't there? Except maybe men's day.

StairwayToTruth
Elubas wrote:

There's a day for everything, isn't there? Except maybe men's day.

If Women's Day is one day out of the year, then the opposite gender's (and all genders in-between) must be the other 365 days of the year! Hoorah!

Baimar97

6 more days until national pie day! (March.14)

the reason for this day is the mathematical Pi is 3.14 and the date will be 3/14

Pie (Pi) fight in math class! ;)

ooh yeah... happy international women's day!

AndyClifton

Just doing my part to celebrate IWD...

AndyClifton
Baimar97 wrote:

6 more days until national pie day! (March.14)

the reason for this day is the mathematical Pi is 3.14 and the date will be 3/14

Pie (Pi) fight in math class! ;)

You have your pie and I have mine. Wink

Rowley_Junction

Ah... No wonder the google wordmark looked the way it did, thanks for clarifying! Smile

trysts
ciljettu wrote:
LisaV wrote:

I celebrated by spraying vinegar and water at guys.

I bet if a guy did that to you, you would call him a rapist

If you're trying to be stupid, ciljettu, then you succeeded.

waffllemaster
ciljettu wrote:

Funny how there is not an international men's day.

Men live on average 6 years less in all the countries in the world.

Are much more likely to die in combat and dangerous occupations.

Are much more likely to be homeless and commit suicide.

Often the victims of fabricated claims of "sexual harassment".

Have to be much better than women to get a job due to widespread "women-only" quotas.

We even have to play much better to get the grandmaster title!

Ah well, so much for equality.

Good points.

Now make the same list for women, especially outside of the US or UK, and after the 2 to 3 months it will take you to compile that list we can compare them Innocent

trysts

Jesus, ciljettu, you woke up today and decided to be a moron.

waffllemaster

Ciljettu, you're unhappy about something, and have picked a large group to dump blame/hate on.  If I made the list and you couldn't counter it (just pretend for a second, because in all likelihood you'd counter all of the list) then you'd soon switch to a different group to blame/hate.

The internet is fun because I can just say that to someone like this when in real life I'd just think it Tongue out