Forums

is 2800 puzzle rating even worth anything?

AunTheKnight
royalknight101 wrote:
AunTheKnight wrote:
royalknight101 wrote:
blitz2009 wrote:
But ya 2800 gives you some bragging rights

not really 2800 is garbage

Lol I have 2300

i guess decent but it really depends on levels, some people will say thats good for you while others will just say "eh whatever"

Mine is pretty bad. I get one puzzle wrong and then start raging and rushing. Lol.

blitz2009
Same
IMBacon
royalknight101 wrote:

are puzzle ratings even worth much? you can have anybody from a 1400 or 1000 get to 2500 with just daily routine practice and scheduling so if they can do it, does that mean that even 3000 is worthless as well?

My peak tactics rating here was 2700+ and im sure it had helped.  But what really made a difference was setting up the tactics on a real board and pieces and using a site, or book that allows you to play through the entire game.  Being able to see how the tactic developed was immensely more helpful.

Santoy

Puzzle rating is flawed because it doesn't take into account your current rating. If a simple puzzle comes up, it happily awards 10+ points instead of adding 0 points because it is too simple for your grade.

AunTheKnight
Santoy wrote:

Puzzle rating is flawed because it doesn't take into account your current rating. If a simple puzzle comes up, it happily awards 10+ points instead of adding 0 points because it is too simple for your grade.

Puzzles have their own rating based on pass-rate. It takes that into account.