Forums

Is Capablanca the true Mozart of chess and not Carlsen?

Sort:
konhidras

azziralc

Carlsen was the new mozart and Capablanca was the old one. Doesn't matter on who is or not.

Crazychessplaya

Yeah, and we don't need a certification institute to decide.

konhidras

I wonder how "mozart" they really have become.hmmm....

bronsteinitz

Who knows the criteria here? What does it take to be the Mozart of chess? You need to chase women like Mozart??Cool

konhidras

Sometimes it becomes funny when we give titles like that when It could also be "The Leonardo" of chess or "Michaelangelo" of chess or "Sebastian" of chess. Any idea why the title "Mozart" ?

bronsteinitz

So the criterium is effortless brilliancy.? I would think Aljechin, Carlsen, Fischer are candidates then. Capablance was not creative enough.

konhidras

Capablanca most often than not plays for simplicity. In his book  "Last Lectures" he has emphasized on the fact that when a  clear win is seen no need for other brilliancy continuation is needed. I think Capa is a practical player. Mozart of chess huh? then who is its Leonardo?

Conflagration_Planet

What were Fischer's last words?

konhidras
Conflagration_Planet wrote:

"Nothing is more soothing than a human touch" ? (are we talking about his death bed words?)

AndyClifton

"I could really use a shave."

konhidras
AndyClifton wrote:

"I could really use a shave."

lol

Conflagration_Planet
konhidras wrote:
Conflagration_Planet wrote:

"Nothing is more soothing than a human touch" ? (are we talking about his death bed words?)

What the Mag said.

AndyClifton
bronsteinitz wrote:

Capablanca was not creative enough.

huh?

goldendog

"My doctor's a what!?"

AndyClifton

"Well, at least now I'll finally get some rest.  I mean, it's not like they're gonna exhume me or something."

royalbishop

This is not going to last to 50 comments where players start to insult each other. Or refute each others point to where they are both wrong. lol

konhidras
royalbishop wrote:

This is going to last to 50 comments where players start to insult each other. Or refute each others point to wher they are both wrong. lol

So... what is right then?

AndyClifton

At least Redd Foxx hasn't shown up yet.

ivandh
konhidras wrote:
royalbishop wrote:

This is going to last to 50 comments where players start to insult each other. Or refute each others point to wher they are both wrong. lol

So... what is right then?

Turn your head clock-wise.