Forums

Is chess good for the mind or does it lead to insanity?

Sort:
vincenthuang75025

i like his costume too. its a clown, eddysallin, and clowns always smile

Escapest_Pawn

Haven't read any previous posts, but used to have a theory that when players train too much passed their natural ability, they lose their minds.

Maybe true, maybe not, maybe sometimes.

DrSpudnik
bigegg1000 wrote:

i like his costume too. its a clown, eddysallin, and clowns always smile

Really?

fluffy001
netzach wrote:

Think your okay as long as don't start going to the shops dressed as a bishop or knight.

I agree with him, but I don't think you should study chess too much, either.

Great_1
[COMMENT DELETED]
Matthew11

Debaiting over the origins of the universe is leading me to be insane.

Ruby-Fischer

Its probably better for the mind than staring at a TV set all night. Smile

bronsteinitz

Agreed. Since I started playing in the summer, I have hardly watched TV and I do not miss it at all.

Ruby-Fischer

Well, I sort of half watch  and listen to some things. Like Dragons Den thats on now... quite funny, but really not worth giving your full attention to.

bronsteinitz

Exactly the same over here. The cops are shooting and driving around in some american crime series, but I have not got a clue what is their problem today...

macer75

Are the two alternatives in your question necessarily contradictory?

Ruby-Fischer

Well they are, unless you think insantiy is good for the mind. 

x-5058622868

I think Macer has a point. Something leading towards insanity could be good for the mind as long as insanity isn't reached.

ClavierCavalier

Andy wears many costumes due to his origin being from some planet in the Alpha Centauri galaxy.  If any one found proof that he was responsible for all those probes, his chess career would be over.  He'd have a large book deal, movie rights, and would appear on all the talk shows, but he doesn't want that kind of limelight.

nameno1had

Is this thread good for the mind or does it cause insanity.... ?

ian77efc

awell in answer to your question let me answer hang on no let me answer will you shush he asked me does it mae you insane i said shut up ill answer this i know better you dont know better your insane im tyhe sane one well hang on ill answer this when i stopped the insanity 

ian77efc

arrrrrr yes what was we talking about does football get you fit ?

lol

we all love chess its great to be nutts about it 

i open with d4 and raise you a pair of slippers lol 

DrSpudnik

Sounds like The Pink Panther movie where Herbert Lom's character is holed up in a castle in the Alps with a disintegration ray gizmo...too lazy to look it up on IMDB Laughing

ClavierCavalier

Now that DrSpudnik mentions it, it does sound like that.  My question is if he is disintegrated in the end, how does he appear in the sequels without Peter Sellers?

DrSpudnik

I guess he made a comeback