Forums

Is there any chance that a 1300 rated player can beat a 2700 rated player?

Sort:
Elubas

This thread is so old even goldendog has posted here before he left. Geez.

Ziryab
JRgascon wrote:

I am rated 2428 and i dont see myself losing to a 1300 1 of each 10.000 games

Nor do I see you losing to a 1300. Also, your wins against 2700+ are gonna be pretty rare. When they occur, you are likely shooting over 2500 through a couple of events.

DjonniDerevnja
Ziryab wrote:
JRgascon wrote:

Nor do I see you losing to a 1300. Also, your wins against 2700+ are gonna be pretty rare. When they occur, you are likely shooting over 2500 through a couple of events.

Give any 2400+ IM that is in good progress white pieces, and the chances of beating strong GMs are good.

DjonniDerevnja

I think its difficult to beat players 600 elo up, but it happens every second year to me. Which means I must improve up to 2250 before playing MAGNUS. 1400  elo up is more than I can digest. Even a 2550 GM is absolutely impossible.  They looks like supergeniouses.

mdinnerspace

This thread is so old.....

when it began pawns could move only 1 square !

greenibex

lot of shakespeares work was plagarism from beverly clearly

Ziryab
mdinnerspace wrote:

!!

Joker-Jamal

Ziryab написал:

mdinnerspace wrote:

!!

And they couldnt take En Passant

GasconJR
Ziryab escribió:
JRgascon wrote:

Of course they are gonna be pretty rare right now (but 2700 is the aim), the rating is something you don't get by free, if a player has 2700 its cause he is used to kill -2700 players,

GasconJR
DjonniDerevnja escribió:
Ziryab wrote:
JRgascon wrote:

Give any 2400+ IM that is in good progress white pieces, and the chances of beating strong GMs are good.

you are completely right about 2500-2600 GMs, in fact i have 8 games in a row without losing to GMs (3 victories and 5 draws) and not just with white (4 W and 4B i think) but when the GM is 2600-2700 things get harder and 2700+ i still have to improve to get decent results against this rating although i have never played a 2700 player...

DjonniDerevnja
JRgascon wrote:

you are completely right about 2500-2600 GMs, in fact i have 8 games in a row without losing to GMs (3 victories and 5 draws) and not just with white (4 W and 4B i think) but when the GM is 2600-2700 things get harder and 2700+ i still have to improve to get decent results against this rating although i have never played a 2700 player...

We have one IM like you in my club, IM Johan Salomon. He is roughly your age and has roughly your rating. This summer he became Norwegian champion , ahead of GMs and IMs. Rating isnt the real current strenght, it is a number earned in previous games. Which means that players in progress plays somewhat above their own rating.

Elubas

"Which means that players in progress plays somewhat above their own rating."

We know this, but we are excluding such players from this question.

SuirenBoid

tbh i would take a 2700 without a queen 100/100 vs a 1300

DjonniDerevnja
Elubas wrote:

"Which means that players in progress plays somewhat above their own rating."

We know this, but we are excluding such players from this question.

You are excluding most of the 1300s I met. A generalisation excluding the majority isnt very general.  But it was young 2450s I wrote about now. Not 1300s.  An underrated 2450 can beat a 2700. Most hardworking 2450s in progress are underrated and a performingstrenght at 2550+ happens all over the world.

IamNoMaster

Brah there is no way for the 2700 player to lose brah. Topic closed brah. IM JRgascon brah good luck with your 2700 goal brah, I am only 789 FIDE player but I hope to get a title at some day too brah. Ciao brah.

greenibex

consider this

i once beat my friend and i did not have a bishop

but i am also not a 2700 player

and my friend is not a 1300 player

Elubas

"You are excluding most of the 1300s I met."

So I think your angle here is that it's not right to only talk about a minority of 1300s. But I would disagree with that premise. If the "right kind" of 1300 happens to be in the minority among 1300s, so be it. It's still what makes this question worth discussing.

greenibex

another thing to ponder:

what happens if a 1300 beats a 2700?

will an earthquake happen or maybe world hunger might end?

Where is kayknight when you need him?

DjonniDerevnja

Elham Abdrlauf doesnt count, because he is a prodigy, and he is not 1300 but unrated in longchess so far,  

but he is extremely strong, and can beat very strong players.

He will never become 1300, because he plays one class up and wins that class, his first rating probably will become ca 2000. 

BlargDragon
greenibex wrote:

Where is kayknight when you need him?

Such a situation has never arisen, so we've never known.