x
Chess - Play & Learn

Chess.com

FREE - In Google Play

FREE - in Win Phone Store

VIEW

Is there any chance that a 1300 rated player can beat a 2700 rated player?

Conflagration_Planet wrote:

Not to mention, our universe might be just on of a countless number of em.

Perhaps that 'multiverse' is only one of a countless number of 'multiverses' Laughing

madhacker wrote:

Not to mention, our universe might be just on of a countless number of em.

Perhaps that 'multiverse' is only one of a countless number of 'multiverses'

Might be the case. :)

And perhaps that... oh never mind Tongue out

madhacker wrote:

And perhaps that... oh never mind

Could be a hacker just like you, making that same statement in another universe far FAR away.

By your hypothesis, in a countless number of far away universes.

If there are other universes, would they be theoretically accessible through the conventional dimensions of X Y Z and T? Or would they exist on some mysterious 'other plane'?

Weird stuff - I don't know a lot about physics but it's interesting and sort of makes your head explode trying to think about it.

Weird is right. It's not my hypothesis, and I know little about it, but other universes would never be accessible to us.

NO.

A 1300 player can beat a 2700 player only if the 2700 intentionally loses.  It is virtually impossible.  It is even more ulikely than a 6 year old beating a competitively trained Nigerian Marathon runner in a 26 mile marathon. Those guys are really good. I believe they can run the whole marathon runnng an average of less than 4 minutes a mile. Same concept.

kennethlopez wrote:

A 1300 player can beat a 2700 player only if the 2700 intentionally loses.  It is virtually impossible.  It is even more ulikely than a 6 year old beating a competitively trained Nigerian Marathon runner in a 26 mile marathon. Those guys are really good. I believe they can run the whole marathon runnng an average of less than 4 minutes a mile. Same concept.

Not quite....... 120 minutes has never been broken

kennethlopez wrote:

You're insane. Nobody has done that for 3 miles, let alone 26.

kennethlopez wrote:

They average about 5 miles per hour, but that's still damn good. Update. I meant 5 minute mile. About 12 miles per hour.

They average about 5 miles per hour, but that's still damn good.

I don't know about that. I think I could beat 5 miles per hour. Tongue Out

actually, they do 12+ mph. An it's the Kenyans and Ethiopians, not so much Nigerians.

I think he meant 5 minute miles, but they are normally around 4:50 I believe.

I wonder some times if our imagination is wider then the Univers?  But,  wait a minute;   Don't you see!  The answer is wright here in this words I just Wrote. what do you think?     O, O,  IM pfren the monkeys may need some time to learn the game, more importantly the consept of the word [ GAME ]  itself.

pfren wrote:
    GM__Sanand wrote:

In india a small 7 yrs old unrated child have defeated a GM. Superb na. And now he is rated 2234 at just 9 yrs.

This is called mythbuilding, at least outside India. There is no such player in the FIDE lists.

His name is Aryan Chopra. You can check out.

Yeah sure!

He can just smack a punch on his face!

Laughing

Aryan Chopra has a FIDE rating of 2051, which isn't close to what you have mentioned. Oh, and he is actually eleven years old, not 9... He is #13 at his age in the FIDE rating lists (which is still good enough).

Now the topic has been changed.

I`m sure that he can be beaten if TO-s

Online Now