Is there any chance that a 1300 rated player can beat a 2700 rated player?

zborg

Every 400 rating points represents a QUALITATIVE leap is chess playing ability.

In the U.S. only 10 pecent of active tournament players ever break 1800.  That's "2 leaps" from a 1000 rating.  And only 1 percent of active tournament players ever break 2200.

So can 1300 win against 2700?  NOPE.  Except in our dreams.

It ain't computer science.  Sorry.  

Stevie65

Or joey's

zborg

Hey, are we doing a tag team on these two threads?  Like WWF wrestling?

As Madman George Steel said, "I wrestle scientifically."  Laughing

Stevie65

Scientifically:......0-9  threads...exponentionally..oops!   Am i stuck to your shoe?.Shit i burnt my oxford..OK Z i promise i'll just listen..well?   Maybe!

micaman994

Anything can happen in chess!!!!

zborg

Anything can happen in these threads.  And often does.

blake78613

A 1300 player could have read and memorized a trap and be lucky enough for a 2700 player to play the line and fall into an opening trap. 

Stevie65

Z..This is not funny...i was gonna comment on the women thread..but since you give the wrestleing bollux  i feel oppressed now...It's early morning there now..do you not need pancakes or something!

HighNoon52

What about two 1300 players - combined they would be the equivalent of a 2600 player - definitely a reasonable match for a 2700

netzach

I like Blake's idea.

Since the 1300 has no chance in a million of winning lure the 2700 (GM) into a trap!

Dude_3
HighNoon52 wrote:

What about two 1300 players - combined they would be the equivalent of a 2600 player - definitely a reasonable match for a 2700

not exactly

Thats like saying 2 normal 6th graders together are as smart as a 12th grader

Conflagration_Planet
HighNoon52 wrote:

That HAS to a joke.

RetiFan
Conflagration_Planet wrote:
HighNoon52 wrote:

That HAS to a joke.

No, it was the beginning of an insidious plan to merge ten 1300 rated players into one ultimate chess machine.

Conflagration_Planet
RetiFan wrote:
HighNoon52 wrote:

That HAS to a joke.

No, it was the beginning of an insidious plan to merge ten 1300 rated players into one ultimate chess machine.

Great idea. Down right brilliant! There'll be a Nobel Prize in chess given for this.

HighNoon52
RetiFan wrote:
HighNoon52 wrote:

That HAS to a joke.

Come on man, I told you about my insidious plan in confidence!  How dare you tell everyone my secret!

It was going to look something like this, but without the eye patch . . .

RetiFan
PoPPy-PoPPeT wrote:

[mod: no spam please]

Join Join Join !!!

Hey, quit advertising please, it's not nice.

RetiFan
HighNoon52 wrote:
RetiFan wrote:
HighNoon52 wrote:

That HAS to a joke.

Come on man, I told you about my insidious plan in confidence!  How dare you tell everyone my secret!

It was going to look something like this, but without the eye patch . . .

lol Laughing

Conflagration_Planet

Don't forget the sword.

Scottrf

Masters aren't that strong.

http://www.chess.com/games/results?f=7179439

Especially http://www.chess.com/games/view?id=343387

pfren

The original game is quite probably this one:

http://www.chess.com/article/view/keres-wins-at-six-moves