Forums

Is there any chance that a 1300 rated player can beat a 2700 rated player?

Sort:
chessicorn1375

@blitzcrige LOL SAME XD

DjonniDerevnja

If I ever become 2700 (but it wont happen, my ultimate goal , which I dont believe in is CM at the age of 93) I will lose to 1300s if I am extremely tired. I really  fubction way below when very tired  This week I had a bad loosing streak in blitz , falling asleep between moves, and waking up desoriented in timetrouble.

There are stories about superstrong players  playing belpw topquality because of jetlag and tiredness.

GoPikachu

i've beaten a 2100 grin.png

DjonniDerevnja
PowerofHope wrote:

Maybe if the 2700 player loses his queen with no compensation.

I have seen a 2700 lose to a unrated child in simultan, of course simultan doesnt count, but the way he lost was interesteing. GM Hammer (was at that time at his peak, maybe 2702 if I remember correctly) was up in material and attacking, but Timur Gusarov had compensation. He had beautiful lines and diagonals and his pieces was coordinated superb. Timur did strike back with a smooth mate-attack. Of course Hammer would have defended it with some profilactic moves if it had been a one to one game in long timecontrol, but the stunning beauty of of Timurs game was fascinating.

I often compete with small children in otb tournaments, and I often feel power, calculating skills and positional play on a very strong level. Amelia Nordquelle I met when she was ca 1300 and 8 or 9 years old. Now she is 10 years , Nordic champion for girls 13, and brutally underrated at 1655. Her brother Daniel reached FM last week, an Amelia is considered even more talented, with a winninghead like Magnus. When she was 1300 she had some games with bad desicions, and some very good games that could take out superstrong players. I guess her calculating power was alreay back then on GM-level . She calculated really deep, in a presice way, but did lack some experience.

ScootaChess

A drunk gm could easily slip up in a literally won position. 

DjonniDerevnja
ScootaChess wrote:

A drunk gm could easily slip up in a literally won position. 

There is a chance the GM gets drunk if he earlier that day have been playing Magnus Carlsen. Magnus scares the nerves out of some GMs and they can use some  vodka to calm down. 

isabela14

And this thread came back to life....at 5,513 comments, whatever comments the next person have is already been said. Oh well, it's probably my 10th post on this thread since it started. Lol.

ScootaChess

Seriously even Carlsen would flub if drunk enough. And don't get me started on how shrooms affect performance

Karpovs_Butler

not possible, only when the 2700-player dies during the game happy.png

PJsStudio

No.

HolographWars

4 year old won against great ex-champion from Soviet Union, the oldest grandmaster in the world. 

HolographWars

So if 2700 hangs rook due to visual impairment, very possible.

PJsStudio

No.

testaaaaa

if your name is dlugy and you get that kid how tries some funny trap on ya sure!

testaaaaa

"now your on your own no trickbooks to guide you anymore"- blunders mate 3 moves later grin.png

mateologist

A player rated 2700 could beat a 1300 : Drunk, Blind-folded, Half-sleep, Unconscious, Constipated, Stoned ( weed Tongue Out, and last but not least DEAD !!

testaaaaa

max dlugy was one of the best players on icc at that moment makes it even better 

DjonniDerevnja
mateologist wrote:

A player rated 2700 could beat a 1300 : Drunk, Blind-folded, Half-sleep, Unconscious, Constipated, Stoned ( weed ) , and last but not least DEAD !!

True, and Magnus Carlsen can beat me, playing with his left hand only.

testaaaaa

dlugy was neither drunk nor unconcious tough

ToddA10

More of a chance with online streamers clowning around. the other day Aman Hambleton was playing hand and brain with the interns and almost lost to a 900. In OTB play the biggest upset I heard of was a 1300 beating a 2490 IM. I also saw a 670 beat a near 2000 but I'm not counting that because the rating was provisional and he was clearly much better.