x
Chess - Play & Learn

Chess.com

FREE - In Google Play

FREE - in Win Phone Store

VIEW

Is there any chance that a 1300 rated player can beat a 2700 rated player?

Well a 1400 online is not a 1300 and had probably sandbagged at that. Nice vid though golum. 

its easy to start making automatic, unthinking moves once an overwhelming advantage is secured. then theres that Checkmate!

hou yifan will where that special perfume she knows i like and then i just cant concentrate...

chessking1976 wrote:

Well a 1400 online is not a 1300 and had probably sandbagged at that. Nice vid though golum. 

I have been at ca 1400 blitz chess.com and Fide 1388 at the same time. Now I am at 1328 chess.com blitz and 1388 Fide long chess. I feel that 1388 Fide is a bit sandbaggish, but it was not deliberately sandbagging . In my last tournament I blundered terribly many times, because my daughter gave me a grandson and that kicked me mentally far out. If something like that happens to a GM , the birth of a child, it can change his mental state to another level, loosing contact with the chessboard.

This 1400 beats GM Dlugy game was blitz and it was a trap, and also a brilliant finish. Both 1400s and 1300s can learn traps (brilliant finish in blitz from a 1300 is not to be expected, but it happens from time to time). This one was very good because it isn't well known. I can play a trap too, but it will not work on masters, because it is too well known.

@DjonniDerevnja not to mention Max Dlugy is 2500 fide and not 2700

wisk u knew

Online Now