Forums

Is there any chance that a 1300 rated player can beat a 2700 rated player?

Sort:
AndyClifton
SmyslovFan wrote:

Luck plays a very small role in chess...

Depends on semantics...

ponz111

Luck plays a larger role in chess than most people imagine.

AndyClifton

Especially if you attempt to define more precisely what is meant by "luck."

jclheriteau

No ZERO

xPranjal

sure there is a possibility . that a 1300 can win a game

ajttja

i beat a 2000 once

Mandy711

If the 2700 wants to resign because he is in a hurry, the 1300 won. It's probably an unrated game anyway.

stephenlikesto

Not really!

x-5710721855

A 1300 player probably will have a 50-50% chance against a 2700 player  only with a at least a Queen and rook odds.

Cheers,

Arun

snowberg

Well maybe if that 1300 rated player is some kind of chess genius and he just started competing on FIDE tournaments.

PIRATCH

Maybe in a simultanous game. Or as snowberg pointed out a new chess genius who just started on FIDE tournaments ... Laughing

Would be quiet funny to see.

abdulmajidsayem1

have patience buddy a player who is 2700 right now... was 1300 at some point of timeWink..........keep playing keep enjoying

PIRATCH
abdulmajidsayem1 wrote:

have patience buddy a player who is 2700 right now... was 1300 at some point of time..........keep playing keep enjoying

Not necessary! This 2700 player could as well be first rated at 1800. It depends on the rating rules of that country! Wink

On a FIDE rated tournament with a performance you could easily be rated far above 2000 ELO! Laughing

skinnypurpleducks

Hey guys I have seen an 800 beat a 2400!!

coolhandjohnnj

Is there any chance that I could get Anne Hathaway to date me?

ponz111

he is still dreaming...

Actually of course it is possible for a 1300 rate player to beat a 2700 rated player. [I mean that should be obvious]

CraftBukkit

Everone is talking about the 2700 player making a blunder, but the 1300 player is more likely to blunder!

blueemu

I've beaten a 2400+ player.

Of course, I beat him when he was a little kid... several years before he became a strong chess-player.

Elubas

ponz, I'm surprised you have that super theoretical opinion (as I do) and yet you do seem to believe there is zero chance of saving certain positions (from our resign discussions)

ponz111

Yes, it is my wife, next to me. [ she is a very good wife!]

Elubas, and I never said there is zero chance of saving those positions from our resign posts.  You seem to equate theoretically lost  or easy win or very easy win that a novice could do with zero or 100%

Those position we discussed and taking into account who was playing them their best chance was that their opponent would die or be incapaciated or something like that and that is certainly not zero.

Heck, lightening cood strike the superior side- so you will not catch me saying something is impossible.  Reread our conversations.